1995 Smokey Joe

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
My in-laws dropped by today with my Christmas present. They brought in a Smokey Joe. Looks like it has NEVER been used. Got curious so I took a close look and then decided to check the date code. It read "E0" and the chart says 1995. When my wife got home I showed it to her and she was thrilled. It will be much easier to cook on this when it is just the two of us than using the Performer or WSM22. A little later she realized that we had given them the Smokey Joe in 95. Fun and still thrilled. They obviously never used it even once. And it still has the paper manual with it also mint condition. We are having a bunch of people including the in-laws over on New Years day so I will use the Joe for some of the food and show them how it is done. The have some sort of a large open grill and don't appreciate the grace and beauty of Weber! Should be fun.

Not a bad idea. Didn't know anyone made a CI grate for that size. Will have to check it out. Knew it was old when I saw the real wood handle on the lid. Can't wait to try it later this week.

My in-laws dropped by today with my Christmas present. They brought in a Smokey Joe. Looks like it has NEVER been used. Got curious so I took a close look and then decided to check the date code. It read "E0" and the chart says 1995. When my wife got home I showed it to her and she was thrilled. It will be much easier to cook on this when it is just the two of us than using the Performer or WSM22. A little later she realized that we had given them the Smokey Joe in 95.
Now that's some serious re-gifting!!;)

Back