Pork Belly Roast: my first, not last for sure!

Enrico Brandizzi

TVWBB Honor Circle
Ok. First I should thank Wolgast. He gave me the idea and tips.

Then, my first try starts with 5 lb pork belly. Never bought before so, maybe it's not the best one.

IMG_4246 di BBQness, su Flickr

Then I cross patched all the fat side

IMG_4248 di BBQness, su Flickr

And seasoned using SPOG both sides. I hadn't enough time to let it rest in fridge. Next time

IMG_4254 di BBQness, su Flickr

I was looking for a roasting action round 350F for at least 2 hours. So, I settled up my 26 OTG for indirect cooking using my 22WSM water pan and "the ring of fire". Added one chunk of withe oak and some apple chips.

IMG_4285 di BBQness, su Flickr.

Added the meat and let it roast for 2 h and 30 min till 150 F IT.

IMG_4257 di BBQness, su Flickr

Outcome.

IMG_4266 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_4272 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_4286 di BBQness, su Flickr

And sliced

IMG_4288 di BBQness, su Flickr

IMG_4290 di BBQness, su Flickr

That was simply delicious.
Thanks for stopping by.
Enrico

Wow looks awesome! It looks like it but I gotta ask, were you able to achieve the elusive crispy skin?? I've made pork belly about 3 times now and I'm still not 100% satisfied with the way it came out. I also dig the water pan idea!

Wow looks awesome! It looks like it but I gotta ask, were you able to achieve the elusive crispy skin?? I've made pork belly about 3 times now and I'm still not 100% satisfied with the way it came out. I also dig the water pan idea!

Well Benji. I can assure you it was amazing cruncy skin. Maybe the beginner's luck! It helps for sure!

Looks really good Enrico. Gave me an idea for the weekend. I have 2lbs of pork belly in the freezer, now I know what I am going to do.

Jaw dropping cook buddy! Looks stunning. That was how my skin should have looked like. Awesome as always

I'm sure that it tasted as good as it looked. I have pork bellies in the fridge to smoke next week.

Back