Auber for WSM 18.5

Les M

I want to get an Auber ATC for my 18.5, but I want to make sure I have the right size blower. I thinking of getting the 6.5 cfm fan. I would love to get some feedback from Auber users before I take the plunge. Thanks!

Hi Les

I have the Auber with the 6.5 blower on an 18.5 WSM and it works pretty well. There is a learning curve to an ATC but it is nice to lock in the temp once you get it dialed in to your setup.

Question about installation of the Auber blower on a 18.5. Can it be installed directly over one of the vent holes without any modifications to the 18.5?

Question about installation of the Auber blower on a 18.5. Can it be installed directly over one of the vent holes without any modifications to the 18.5?

Yup. I have both, no mods needed. The silicone gasket Auber offers is nice but probably not necessary

I have one waiting for me under the tree. I got the 6.5 fan since I got it for low and slow cooks. I also got the silicone gasket. I also bought those chrome hole plugs from the hardware store so I wouldn't need to use the tape to plug two holes on the vent where the fan goes. The other two vents are closed.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/The-Hillman-...e-Plug/3013218

Last edited:

Back