Skirt Steak Salad

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
There's a Greek restaurant near me that has Greek Gyro Salads that kick royal @ss---comes with a bunch of gyro meat, garlic toast, a hardboiled egg etc.

I was thinking about getting one of those a week or so back and decided to make my own.... I've made this a couple times since.

I'm not so sure how "healthy" it is with all the meat, cheese, & dressing but I'm sure it's not too bad.

Skirt with Chicago Steak Seaon the grill:
10655384_10203143962861845_1556237904869958946_o.jpg

Sliced:
1502175_10203143962581838_7483254099001923436_o.jpg

1511740_10203143962621839_8174831395459709347_o.jpg

and Salad-ed:
1501340_10203143962501836_6274182970936800011_o.jpg

Other ingredients: Green Leaf lettuce, feta cheese, bleu cheese dressing, half a small tomato, 3 pepperocinis, a few sliced olives, half a cuke, 1 carrot, half an avocado......

Looks very healthy in my book and tasty! I'm on a diet mainly cutting sugar and junk carbs.

Good luck! My diet & exercise efforts always seem to be removed by alcohol. There's so much info on our diet (I could fill a shelf + about 15% of my ebooks/audio books are on it) it's hard to know what the right thing to do. T. Colin Campbell (The China Study - I do recommend the book or audio book!) thinks by switching to 100% vegetarian cancer would be obliterated. I read lots of others in his corner like Dr John McDougall who recommends a potato diet! I'm all over the place and not very disciplined.

I'd say if you don't have one, get a cheap glucose meter (here's one like mine for $11.00 shipped) to see how you react (glycemic index) to certain foods...... rice/brown rice bump up my blood sugar quite a bit but my 100% whole wheat (home made) bread does nearly nothing to it.

Probably TMI but o'well :)

Your steak salad looks great! What kind of knife is that?
If being 100% vegetarian prevented cancer there would be plenty more vegetarians. There are things missing in the strict veg diet that can lead to depression, so its not perfect either. Think about it this way, everyone sitting around the table with a beautiful smoked turkey at Thanksgiving dinner and there is one plate with a veggie burger from the grill. Its not pretty.

Enjoy your Tofurkey!

The knife is a Japanese Chef's knife "gyuto", it probably cost 4x more than I've spent on any knife before. It's been fun to use though and a little confidence inspiring,,,,or maybe that's just because I've watched a few videos on youtube.

There's a $10 off coupon code to that store (linked) for purchases over $50, Code: YCKNIFE10 - expires 12/31/2014

Good luck! My diet & exercise efforts always seem to be removed by alcohol. There's so much info on our diet (I could fill a shelf + about 15% of my ebooks/audio books are on it) it's hard to know what the right thing to do. T. Colin Campbell (The China Study - I do recommend the book or audio book!) thinks by switching to 100% vegetarian cancer would be obliterated. I read lots of others in his corner like Dr John McDougall who recommends a potato diet! I'm all over the place and not very disciplined.

I'd say if you don't have one, get a cheap glucose meter (here's one like mine for $11.00 shipped) to see how you react (glycemic index) to certain foods...... rice/brown rice bump up my blood sugar quite a bit but my 100% whole wheat (home made) bread does nearly nothing to it.

Probably TMI but o'well :)

Thanks for the info. I'll read whatever books that tells me the lies I need to continue my poor lifestyle choices! Right now the "in thing" is the dangers of sugar and carbs. I'm sure they'll change it again. Back when I was 30 I lost a lot of weight doing low carb. I'm almost 40 and I'm finding the weight loss a lot more difficult. I'm down about 6 lbs since I started and we'll see what happens when I get my blood work done again next year. Last time I was at about 103 fasting blood sugar and that's borderline pre-diabetic. They then did some follow test that said I was ok. I'll take it as a wakeup call.

Ha, I'm vegetarian. Grill often. No veggie burger on my plate for Thanksgiving. Made a great veggie stuffing. Had some sweet potatoes, rolls, salad. I was plenty full. No depression here. Grilling tonight. Corn on the cob, shrooms, bell peppers, onions, Brussels sprout.

Ha, I'm vegetarian. Grill often. No veggie burger on my plate for Thanksgiving. Made a great veggie stuffing. Had some sweet potatoes, rolls, salad. I was plenty full. No depression here. Grilling tonight. Corn on the cob, shrooms, bell peppers, onions, Brussels sprout.

Post some of your cooks here!

Back