Absolutely loving my new GrillGrates - incredible grill marks & almost no stick

GeorgeG

TVWBB Member
These GrillGrates are exceptional. I am really glad I bought them and had them custom sized to fit exactly in my Genesis e-310.

They heat up faster and are ready for a light brush cleaning in about half the time the SS ones were. They stick much less than the SS ones and leave incredible grill marks.

Also smaller items do not fall through the grates, like the smallish center part/pieces of grilled onion slices when flipped.

I would do it again in a heart beat. Even though the cost was about $165.00 custom cut and delivered, they are IMHO worth every cent.

Happy to be the first one who reply!
Very good, I'm green with envy :). I try to figure out how to have them here in Hungary. It seems difficult where difficult means very costly :).
However congrats and use them!

Wife cut herself that's why I lost the gold medal... Alejandro was faster :)

These GrillGrates are exceptional. I am really glad I bought them and had them custom sized to fit exactly in my Genesis e-310.

They heat up faster and are ready for a light brush cleaning in about half the time the SS ones were. They stick much less than the SS ones and leave incredible grill marks.

Also smaller items do not fall through the grates, like the smallish center part/pieces of grilled onion slices when flipped.

I would do it again in a heart beat. Even though the cost was about $165.00 custom cut and delivered, they are IMHO worth every cent.

So with custom cut grates do you still put them on top your original grates?

Uhh.... I remove my original grates and replace them with the GGs. I assume the custom sized ones work the same?

Happy to be the first one who reply!
Very good, I'm green with envy :). I try to figure out how to have them here in Hungary. It seems difficult where difficult means very costly :).
However congrats and use them!

Wife cut herself that's why I lost the gold medal... Alejandro was faster :)
LOL! My reply was also shorter, that gave me a headstart...hope your wife is fine!

Thanks, yes, she's fine, however she's after a surgery, has finished taking blood diluting injections against thrombosis so she's a little bit bleeder... That's why I had to interrupt typing. But there's no problem at all.

No, I took off the original grates. They have a new home hanging on the wall behind where I store the grill. They are at the ready in case I need them for ??

Thanks for the info. I just saw the picture at the top of their website showing them sitting on top of original grates, that didn't interest me at all and I didn't dig any further. Now I do see that they are available as a complete replacement and just might try them out. Thanks again. Dan

And if I could figure out how to reliably post photos I would show you as good or better from good old regular SS or CI grates. No magic, just good technique

Hi, you only need to upload your pics to some photo storing place like flickr or picasa, etc. Then right click on the picture, copy URL of the pic. Here you click on insert image and paste the URL. That's all. I do not know what you meant by reliably...

Have tried doing it. Met with nothing but frustration. Worked a couple times but rest of time only got a URL.

The next time you're going to cook burgers, turn the Grill Grates over and use them like a Flat Top Grill. The crust you get on those burgers is delicious. Melt your cheese on the top and walla, you have a In & Out burger (LOL). Give it a try, you'll like it.

Bill

Can they custom cut width or just length? I would like to only replace one side of my genesis meaning leaving the right factory SS grate in place and have one GrillGrate on the left side (or 2 snapped together if need be?) but I want it be the exact size of the factory grate it will replace. I don't want any large gaps and I don't want to replace both factory grates.

It's my understanding GG will only cut for length not width. I have a Genesis S-330 that I put two GG on left side and the factory ss grate on the right. This set-up will leave about a 3" gap between the GGs and the factory grates. Hope this helps Chris.

Bill

Last edited:
Here's mine. My grill came with a smoker box, therefore one of the stock grates was narrower. It about 1/4" to wide but I didn't wat to trim it. It sits on the ledge of the GG.

They also work just fine sitting on top of the factory grates. I move mine back and forth between a Genesis gold and the 22" kettle. No real need to remove the factory grates on either that way.
I really like mine, would not trade them for any other grates.

Thanks for the info guys. Aluminum is pretty easy to cut so if they won't, I could order 3 panels and cut it down myself.

Things is, I'm not sure I'm sold? I know a lot of people love them but from the photo's I've seen, they do give great grill marks but not really a great char/crust. I know you can turn them over and get the char but then no grill marks. Look like they would be great for burgers or chicken that are sensitive to flair ups but for steaks, seems like cast iron would still give better results? That's why if I get them, I'd only want to go half/half

Back