Temperature and flames

Peter G

TVWBB Member
Hi Everyone, may I have a few question?

First, how can I decide the temperature in the cooking box when I read this (sorry for the blurred photo)?
cropped.jpg

May I do any harm to the grill with this high temp?

Second, I feel the temperature uneven in the cooking box. The area above the third burner is higher, especially on the right. The temp of the right end cup is also higher.
I made pics of the burners while they were burning. Are they working correctly?
IMG-20141030-00584.jpg

IMG-20141030-00585.jpg

IMG-20141030-00586.jpg

What do you think? Thank you!

That's quite a bit of yellow flame coming from the center tube. You might want to check/clean the spider guards and the tube. Fwiw, even when everything is burning properly, there will be some hotspots.

That's quite a bit of yellow flame coming from the center tube. You might want to check/clean the spider guards and the tube. Fwiw, even when everything is burning properly, there will be some hotspots.

I agree something is not right with that center burner tube. Do like Dave said and check it for cleanliness. All the Genesis grills I've used have had hot spots here and there. They also always seem hotter on the right side of the grill. You get to learn where they are and start to use them to your advantage when cooking. Make sure the grill is level on the ground to keep the hot spots to a minimum,

Your temp gauge is fine. I'll run mine like that for 20+ minutes to burn everything off the grates. Makes it really easy to brush clean. Those temps won't hurt a thing.

Hi guys, that was what I thought, thanks for reinforcing! I'll disassemble the grill clean the tubes and the spider guards and I hope that'll be all I need to do.

I managed a little time today for cleaning. It was clean, I remember I checked this when I restored it, however did it again. I didn't take off the spider guards but they seemed absolutely clean not a single dirt could be seen. I do not know whether or how to take off the spider guards...
I may discover a little improvement but had no time to make pics. Hope it'll be good, thx.

Back