Weber Genesis Gold B, I Think

kmurray

http://charleston.craigslist.org/app/4735943125.html

I hope that links work. Let me know if it doesn't. Does that look like a Genesis Gold B? Just general thoughts about it? Looks to be in decent shape. Going tomorrow to take a look. I don't have a truck or SUV. I do have a 4-door Honda Accord. Do you think I would be able to fit it into my car? Seats folded down, with some creative angling? My fingers are crossed!

Kenneth

pay for it and then come back with a truck...

that's a nice grill for $95...a little cleaning should work wonders...

It sure looks like a Genesis Gold C without the side burner. Let us know the model# after you check the serial. I purchased my Genesis Gold C for $100, which isn't bad deal. This model heat faster and inside are stainless steel parts.

Looks like a B to me. Sure hope that it's just weird lighting/reflection and not dents over on the right hand side. Check to see what condition the grates, flavorizers and burners are in. As long as they aren't rusted through and falling apart, all can be cleaned up.

FYI, the lid comes off easily just by removing the cotter pins from two clevis pins on the back where it meets the firebox.

I'd also take some plastic garbage bags or something similar to put the grates, flavorizer bars and bottom tray/drip pan in.

Last edited:
Hoping I get it. Can't go see it till about 4pm tomorrow. I think it's a great deal! What are thoughts on fitting it into my car?

Hoping I get it. Can't go see it till about 4pm tomorrow. I think it's a great deal! What are thoughts on fitting it into my car?

If you want, I can go out and measure my Genesis C, which should have roughly the same dimensions.

Hi Kenneth, this is a really nice find, congrats.
FYI: I bought a genesis silver B this summer. I tried to bring home with an audi a4. The B is shorter than this one and it was impossible to put it into. Maybe your Accord has wider space at the back seats. I managed to bring mine on a roof rack. Wish you luck!

Just a suggestion. How about just renting one of those Load N Go trucks from Home Depot? They are only $20 for the hour. Not sure how close everything is to you.

That's a nice find! Don't know what year your Accord is but I know the wife's 2010 you're lucky to get a bag of charcoal in the trunk, small opening and with the seat down it's very narrow going into the cabin from the trunk. Almost positive it's a no go. Plus lots of sharp edges that can tear up the seats plus the gunky stuff.

I've never seen an Accord that would hold that grill.
Borrow or rent a truck, minivan, SUV, PT Cruiser, etc.

I thought everyone in South Carolina had a truck.

Just had someone out bid me for grill. They offered $250. Is it worth that much? I'll probably have to put some money into it if I do get it.

Just had someone out bid me for grill. They offered $250. Is it worth that much? I'll probably have to put some money into it if I do get it.

Not worth it. Hang tight and wait for another.

FWIW< with CL grills, I have a target cost in mind. For a Silver/Gold C (with side burner), total cost should be under $225. That covers purchase cost and cost of all replacement parts to make it super nice again. Target costs drop down from there for a Silver/Gold B, and even lower for a Silver A.

Last edited:
I would just hang on the next one. I have a chance to buy another Genesis Gold C, but I have to pass and go with the Redhead 1100. The Redhead 1100 came with a complete 7517 rotisserie hardware that also fit the Gold C, cast iron smoker box, cook book, and manual for $75. Basicly, I paid for the rotisserie and get the grill free. The weather here has been getting cold so I wasn't able to take the grill apart and repaint the frame.

Last edited:

Back