I got the new grill bug !GRILL ADDICTION SYNDROME !AKA GAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
Iam setting here the last 2 days thinking about a new kettle mines fine but its 30 yrs old
icon_smile.gif

Now we know I don't need a new kettle but as you also know that don't much matter when it comes to a lot of us and our grills/Webers
icon_biggrin.gif

I gotta decide between a 22.5 OTG a 26.5 OTG or a performer and whats blocking me is I want a rotessire I know I spelled it wrong sorry !

We all know there is no rotisire for the 26.5 but I would like the room of a 26 . Right now I can't have my cake and eat it to
icon_frown.gif

I like the side table on the Performer but can do Without it no problem I have a nice quick set up table I use now when grilling !

Its just my wife and I and on thrare time my daughter and her family show up a 22.5 a do . Also we like to rotiserie chickens a LOT . I do that now on a another brand of grill Iam gona give to my daughter !

Having been maried 30 yrs unlike some a you young guns IF I want it I just buy it the wife isn't gona say nothing . Well maybe shake her head but if Iam grilling she isn't cooking so she supports my grill addiction
icon_biggrin.gif

And Iam most likely gona order a Q 320 also ! all I have for a gasser now is a Q 100 love it but want bigger
icon_biggrin.gif
nice to have a gaser now and then . I much thou prefer coal !

**** I wish Weber made a 26 with a rotiserie
icon_frown.gif
then it would be a simple decision .

Ok thanks for listening back to trying to make up my mind
icon_confused.gif

This GAS is a good bad thing and no pills for it
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Guy, I went through the same dilemma. I ended up getting the grill that would fit most of the time, and that was the performer (and it was only $200 new, that helped too). I decided that I had enough supplemental grills that the 26 would only help me a few times a year, and I could get by with multiple grills I already have on those few occasions. But, that was me, it all depends what works for you. Good luck.

I love my Performer.

Get one (Performer) and the Cajun Bandit rottiserie set up(I want) and you will be set and I will be jealouse as heck over the Rotisserie setup but very happy for you.

The CB rotis also fits the 22.5" WSM if you have that or might want one someday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JasonT:
I love my Performer.

Get one (Performer) and the Cajun Bandit rottiserie set up(I want) and you will be set and I will be jealouse as heck over the Rotisserie setup but very happy for you.

The CB rotis also fits the 22.5" WSM if you have that or might want one someday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be perfect if Cajun bandit made a rottiserie for the 26 kettle !

And I got a ? Why buy a CB set up over the Weber rottiserie set up with the super customer service of Weber
icon_confused.gif
Why would anyone do that ? This is a very serious ? And you know parts and service a be there in future with Weber . CB being a small botique co god knows what could happen with parts and service ? Buy a door for a WSM is one thing the rottiserie is another . Jst asking is all not wanting to toss away money !

I also do have a 22.5 WSM so I am interested for both reasons !

Thanks
Guy

I think the CB ring seals better and you can flip it around to fit the 22.5 WSM. The Weber ring fits very loosely on top of the kettle and doesn't fit the WSM. I have the Weber rotisserie and am very happy with it, but feel the CB ring is better.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guy Wallace:

And I got a ? Why buy a CB set up over the Weber rottiserie set up with the super customer service of Weber
icon_confused.gif
Why would anyone do that ? This is a very serious ? And you know parts and service a be there in future with Weber. CB being a small botique co god knows what could happen with parts and service ? Buy a door for a WSM is one thing the rottiserie is another . Jst asking is all not wanting to toss away money !

I also do have a 22.5 WSM so I am interested for both reasons !

Thanks
Guy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Question.

I had also read through some posts that indicated that the Cajun Bandit Ring was heavier and nicely built. And, that the Weber Ring seemed a bit light and flimsy. I can't say for myself because I do not have either.

But, I did have an issue with my first CB door and they quickly took care of me. Their service was excellent.

Will they (CB) be around in 30 years to assist you with a broken rotisserie? I do not know.

I like the look of the Stainless ring they have and I have seen the quality of there doors first hand. Assuming that the rotisserie ring is built as nice as the doors it should be a solid product and last for years.(why would you need service on a rotisserie ring?)

I suppose you could buy the CB ring if you like the stainless and get the weber rotisserie for their excellent service since the rotisserie itself is about all that can go wrong with the rig??? Then you could use it on your WSM too.

Or just buy the complete Weber Rotisserie package if you like it.

I think the Performer plus Rotiserie and maybe cast iron grates (not sold on those yet) would be one heck of a package.

Unless of course you need or want the larger capacity of the 26". You could always build a Performer like table cart for it I suppose....

oh boy, I just realized that I am probably just confusing you about this descision even more.

Whatever you decide I am sure you will like it and have lots of fun.

I have a Cajun Bandit door for a 22.5" that they sent to me by mistake and told me to keep. I am going to put up for trade soon if you are interested it will be in that section soon.

made up my mind I think a performer with CB set up and CI grates And a Q 320 my deck outa be done in a couple weeks then it can all move in with my 22 wsm and some of my other Q stuff a go to my daughter . thou duno why there never home to cook and Iam all the time sending dinner to them they work 24 /7
icon_eek.gif

You will love the Cajun bandit products and service! They are first class in both!

Hope to post some pics from my first Rib o Later and C B cook soon!

good choice Guy. Although you couldn't go wrong no matter what you chose to do.

I am gonna get that CB Rotis someday.....someday. It seems to be a good product.

Congrats.

To much drama, just cook beer can chickens come out way better than rotessiere chicken, no need to waste money on rotessiere thats just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back