Here I go again

Dan Francis

TVWBB Fan
Thought I was done restoring grills after doing three. My own plus one each for the kids. Friend and neighbor calls and tells me he is chucking his Weber. I try to get him to sell on Craigslist but no go, so here it is at my house. It is pretty cool and in remarkable shape for being almost 30 years old, all the rust is just surface rust and it works well. I think it is a Genesis 1 and all the wood is original.

20141021_141509_zpsa0a6ea47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141021_141640_zpsb28de681.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20141021_141517_zpsd08ee891.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Should keep me busy for a while!

Dan

I remember the one you did for one of your kids, it was the bomb! This redhead will be something special if it turns out half as well as the one for you kid

We bought our Genesis about 20 years ago and it's still going strong. These things are built like a tank with a few easily replaceable parts! Our Genesis will without doubt outlive us! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours after restoring it.

I remember the one you did for one of your kids, it was the bomb! This redhead will be something special if it turns out half as well as the one for you kid

Thanks! These grills are fun to work on, just not sure what to do with it when finished. Couldn't let him junk it.

We bought our Genesis about 20 years ago and it's still going strong. These things are built like a tank with a few easily replaceable parts! Our Genesis will without doubt outlive us! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of yours after restoring it.

I think because they last so long is the reason Weber increased the part costs so much. I really like the new ones but my 20 year old 1000 will last another 20 after the rebuild a couple years ago. Might be a while before there are "after" pictures of this one but I will post them when done! Dan

I see you have a Genesis 1000 LX also, mines a 97 that I bought new and like Steve said they are built like a tank. Restored mine once six years ago and still going strong. I've restored and flipped a few 1000s and silver Bs lots of fun but a little messy. When you get it done you might try CL if you want to sell it, I put four on there that I restored and the longest one that stayed on was three days. Paid for the parts and a little extra.

Back