Weber Redhead price ?

Nick N

Hello all,
This is my first post and new to gas grills. I found this Weber on CL and thinking of buying it. From all I have read on here it seems to be an ok price especially compared to new. Guy is sending me pics of inside later but from what I was told it might need flavor bars but not sure yet. He said there was some rust on them. He did paint the sides with high temp paint but said everything else is original paint. Said top looks as new. He is asking $150.00. Is this a decent price for this grill? Also wondering about the white bottom wire shelves. He said it is like a rubberized coating and said he did not believe they were painted but was not sure. Any advice is much appreciated. Oh yeah - What model might this one be?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
It appears to be 1000 series, but the fire box doesn't look deep enough to be a 1000. Might be just the angle of the picture. The next series would be the silver B, but I believe that all the silver Bs had solid shelves and that one has slotted shelves which the 1000s had. Find out how many flavorizer bars it has if it's 13 it's a 1000 if 5 it's a silver B.
Parts are easy to find for both. If it does need new bars rcpanebuyer on EBay has the best SS ones around.
As far as price goes it's a little high but it appears to be in great shape. Restoring one can get pricy if it needs grates, burners ,bars, shelves, etc. so if it doesn't need much it would be a fair price.
I have a 1000 that I bought new in 1997 and it's still going strong.

Thanks - This might be a Weber 900? At lease from a few pics I have seen online that's what they are calling it.

I'm not an expert but many of the parts are interchangeable with the silver Bs and 1000s and those are excellent grills and I've restored a few of those. That's why I was confused when I saw the setup. Pretty sure it's the same quality as the Bs and 1000s.
I did send an email to Weber to see when they were made, if I get a reply back I'll send you a PM

Just a good gasser. I'm a wood/charcoal guy but would like to get a good gas grill as well for small cooks.

Just a good gasser. I'm a wood/charcoal guy but would like to get a good gas grill as well for small cooks.

If I was looking for another right now, I'd give this one a really close look:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/4715770751.html

Ask the seller if he could send some more detailed pics of the inside of the firebox so you could really see what condition the grates, flavorizers, and burner tubes were in. Would be really sweet if he could take an evening shot of the burners while the grill was turned on.

Back