Gas prices going down... down, down, down.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
$ 3.05 this morning in my area. Two weeks ago I heard it will be under $ 3.00 by Thanksgiving, looks like it will be sooner.:cool:
Whatcha paying in your neck of the woods?

Tim

I paid $2.83 the other day, just checked Costco, where we buy ours, and it's $2.78.
Our area usually has the lowest in the nation.

This morning I paid 3.32 in Mt Prospect IL and saw that it was 3.15 in Kenosha WI this afternoon. With the low oil barrel prices it would be great to
get back under 3 bucks a gallon throughout the whole country and stay there for a long time. In 1977 I had a full size Chevy Blazer with the big tank
when gas hit $1.00 a gallon. Sure would love to see that again.

Any explanation for the drop?

I don't watch the market much anymore, but it's apparently caused FUD in other sectors. Personally, I couldn't believe the meteoric rise from ~$1.05 in 2000-2001. I remember listening to a woman cry on the phone (I was passing by and overheard) about the prices as they went to maybe 2.25.

$3.3X around here.

I checked the charts & the historic crude price scales with the price @ the pump, for the most part. (not my thing, just a quick glance)

$3.17 is the low around Boston. Our canadian cousins were just visiting and they pay around 2 bucks a liter as well.

crude oil as of yesterday was $85 a barrel, not that long ago it was $103.

do they still have those deals where you can lock in a gas price, like a prepaid gas card that you can use when prices go up?

$3.18 at Costco in Prescott. If it drops below $3.00 I might start driving the "Home Depot Express" my 06 Dodge pickup again. So far this year I've averaged 62 miles a month on it, Barb's Honda Accord get's over twice the mileage of the truck so we always take it.

What's All The HooHaa About....
Are All You Guys STILL Cookin' With GAS???
Doncha Know Charcoal Is Better??!! :D

Back