Snagged a STEAL!

BJSteere

TVWBB Member
Oh I snagged a steal today for my area, went into the local walmart where I live and was looking at a clearance section. I get down to the end and they had a couple weber grills like the Q1400 for 100 bucks. Walked on over to that guy and was looking around and found a 14.5 WSM for 145 however, there was a 100$ sign above it. Spoke to a manager to get actual price and she told me she would sell it to me for $100.00. I took it, walked out with a brand new 4th gen WSM for 107 bucks! I cannot complain!

BJ;
That is a REAL deal! I got my 14.5 as an open box special at Amazon (thanks to a feller on this board) for under $160 delivered and considered that a good deal (it was but pales a bit compared to your deal:wsm:). However, I can say this without fear of contradiction, whether you pay list price or get a deal, a WSM is truly, ALWAYS A DEAL! The various WSM's are just that good!

Just sayin'...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

RJ:, I already own one, so because of that this new one wont be put to use by myself. I most likely will keep it until I see a veteran in the WWP organization I belong to need one and give it away to them.

Robert: I agree, I love my 14.5 I received for fathers day, in fact I just smoked a butt today for dinner for me and a friend. I have used it countless of times and never had a problem. Keep in mind I paid full price for my original one as well and I still thought it was a deal based upon everything I read and what was required. Look at those side stacks that dont keep heat yet cost 3x as much.

GeneB:This was not on display it was actually a brand new box sitting there in the clearance section. I think they may have thought it was last years model? Or didnt like that the box looked beat up? I opened it this morning to make sure all the pieces were there and its a 100% complete set.

i was at a walmart the other week and saw an assembled 14.5 wsm all by its lonesome and thought to myself, no way could this be one of these incredible steals I've read about? walk over to it flip the tag over and see the big ol $199 tag on it. DOH!!!

sweet steal on your part though! gotta keep those eyes peeled!

I purchased a Weber Q1400 for $25 off craigslist. It had been used one time by the guy on a camping trip. Seriously. It took me 5 minutes to make it look brand new. My sister had one and I mentioned it to her and she asked what I was going to use it for and I said I was going to resell it in the spring. She said she was interested because hers was pretty messy and wanted to trade up. I said $150 with trad in and it was a deal. I am feeling a bit guilty now because I am sure hers will clean up just fine with some work. But a new one is $250 all day around here. I may buy her a grill brush or two to make myself feel better.

Here in Costa Rica I saw one at a up-scale Mall Store selling for around 170,000 Colones which is around $320.00 USA Money.

Hmmm, I bet you can find some of those "upscale" stores here in the US selling them for the same price. If a guy is willing to shop, there are a lot of ways to save a buck. Some people just don't care however. They would rather just buy it NOW at a swanky place, rather than drive a few miles to a Walmart. Somehow that swanky place one just has to be better.

Back