CyberQII released

Matt A 3

TVWBB Member
I was just on the Guru site and it looks like the CyberQII is shipping.

I realize most prople prefer the Stoker but thought some people might be interested.

If anyone gets the CyberQII I'd love to hear about their experience.

259 just for the unit is kind of steep. think i'll stick with my pitminder for a while longer.

I have one on order. I will use and report.I have used guru products and use stoker products.
I will say I have had less issue with the guru products.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I realize most prople prefer the Stoker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say that the ATC section of this board gets more discussion about the Stoker. Whether or not most people prefer it, is debatable.

Guru Store

Nakedwhiz comparison 2007

Received the Cyber Q2 on Friday. Used it on a cook Saturday.Then did some test and compared with my Stoker. They both are easy to use on the computer. The Cyber Q needs to use software like "logmein" which there is a free version, to access on another PC.Cyber Q has a lot of the features that are available with the Stoker when using Stokerlog and Stoker Timers. The remote access is a double edge sword. With the Stoker you only need the ip address on your network and can see the Stoker interface from any computer in the house.What doing this test highlighted is that with the software like "logmein" . It is easy to see all your Stoker stuff from any PC you set up anywhere.
So what would be my recommendation. The Stoker has the best idea and concept and is my first choice.The Stoker customer service is slow.If that is a issue you cannot deal with the BBQGuru would be a good choice.either product is hard to go wrong with.
The software (Stokerlog ,Stoker Timers) is what completes the Stoker and the support on this forum for those mentioned software is top notch.The ability to use more then two food sensors is a plus for me.I can be a little over the top on having access. When cooking chicken tonight I have three computers with the Stoker connected. The one by the Smoker,the one in my office and the one in the workshop. There are days I have it email updates to my phone every 30 minutes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Stoker has the best idea and concept and is my first choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would have thought - LOL!

-rob

Back