Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 Genesis C Rehab is finished!

TVWBB Super Fan

2001 Genesis C Rehab is finished!

I finished the rehab on the 2001 Genesis C I rescued off a trailer load headed to the scrape yard a couple weeks ago.
    A huge Thank You to everyone that answered my questions along the way! I finished the restore last Wednesday afternoon, all except the new handle, which I'm still waiting on. I used all Weber oem new parts, and though kinda spendy, I have no regrets what so ever, I have a brand new Weber Grill, something I always wanted, and now even more special, because not only did I rescue this beauty from the claws of the scrape metal yard, I resuscitated breath back into it, and she is sure to live another 20 years!
    I only hope my first attempt at posting a picture, will work..I've been trying to figure it out for days!
    So here goes, meet O'l Blue Belle. (fingers crossed, picture shows up)

TVWBB Super Fan

TVWBB Super Fan
    WOW! I posted pics! Cool! Who says you can never teach an old dog new tricks??
    As you can see, I discovered a thumb size dent on top of the hood as I was cleaning off years off Crap on it..I was so bummed, and considered switching lids to one of the 2 green lids I rescued from same load.. but I liked the blue so much, I decided to use it, and try to ignore the small dent...and if at a time I become so anal that the dent keeps me awake at night, I'll switch it out for a green.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Great job Mary that grill looks like new! The payback for that hard work will be many years of great grilling from your resurrected O'l Blue Belle.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Super Fan
    Thanks, Rich! I totally enjoyed doing the restore. The only really hard part was cleaning that cookbox!
    I cleaned it with a wire brush, simple green and a garden !

TVWBB Super Fan
    I can't seem to get the other pictures to upload to photo bucket from my phone... of course, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, as I've never used photo bucket before.

NIce work Mary! Got a great grill now!
    22.5 WSM , Performer DO (2005)

TVWBB Super Fan
    Thanks Tim! I love it!
    I didn't take off the cookbox or the bottom side of the swing out table, because I was afraid I would break the bolts.. so I just left them intact, and worked around them.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Sorry for all the different post in pictures..it's my first time posting pics..I know now just to post img into one box.

TVWBB Member
    Hi Mary,
    This looks wonderful and you had a lot of work with it. It was worth it. I wish I would be able to do similarly!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast