Southco Latch for Cajun Bandit Door - Question

TMerriam

Hey All,
I just purchased the CB door and wanted to order the Southco latch that most people have ordered. However, Amazon and most other retailers are out of stock. Has anyone purchased the same model in a different finish? Apparantly, Southco makes the latch in black, brushed chrome, and polished chrome. The brushed and polished are both in stock on Amazon, but I'm not sure how it will look against the SS door. Style isn't as important as function, but wanted to get your feedback before I pull the trigger. Thanks!!!

I just checked and I paid $46.71 for the black handle. The chrome handle seems smaller then the black handle, and the question I would have is does the chrome handle get hotter?

I checked the model #s on Southco's website. The specs are the exact same. All three handles are made from Zinc Alloy, but the black is powder coated. I'm not sure what to do :)

The chrome ones might look cool. It would match the thermometer bezel. I've got the black. At the time it was kind of necessary because I totally jacked up my orginal knob and stripped out the brass ferrule. I say go for it if you need it soon. You'll love it compared to the stock.

This is the latch I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002DHHDEY/tvwb-20

It comes and goes out of stock. Took me a couple weeks before I was able to order and then it took a couple more to get it. I don't think the color matters as long as you get the right size. Mine was the black matte color, but then I put gasket and electrical tape over it any ways. It gets warm...

Link to my mods including the door and latch with pictures:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196197

Ordered the chrome one. Too impatient to wait for the matte black one to come back in stock. Figured it wouldn't matter since it is the same size, and I will end up wrapping it to prevent burns. Thanks for the advice guys!

I ordered the SOuthco Latch for my Cajun Bandit door, but I am a bit confused on the install. Is there a video somewhere that would walk me through it?

Back