My first Weber Gas Grill CList find S-670

Jeff Holmes

TVWBB Super Fan
I posted all of this over in my introduction but I'm proud as punch and wanted to share it here, too :)

here's the original thread...

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?54936-Newbie-from-KY-found-a-CList-S-670

I had my mind made up on a 330 but really wanted a 470 then wound up finding this 670 on Clist. I thought the hood was warped from heat in the original listing photo but the 'ole girl cleaned up waaay better than I thought. Now I just need to get my NG line run! I can't wait to fire her up! I assume I did ok at $650...being that it was less than a new 330 that I was saving for.

Before shots

And some after shots....the lights were new in the box!

Got the lights working...

Last edited:
Looks great Jeff!!! As with all CL finds/rescues, the devil is in how much you have to spend in total to get her back in excellent working condition. If all it took was some deep cleaning with minimal additional costs, then you scored very well.

Is there any rust in the lower frame? These have a tendency to rust badly if left in the rain. They water goes down inside the grill through the back and overflows the grease tray. Then the acidic slop eats up the bottom, rear and side panels, taking the label with the serial number with it. Webber added a small piece of flashing to the 670s to keep the rain out, but my 650 did not have it.
Either way, keep it covered when not in use and it wouldn't hurt to put a grill mat under it if you keep it on concrete.
Nice grill BTW.

Greg Y:

There is some edges/bolt heads that have some rust starting. I was wondering about that. I think the fella before me kept it covered and it's under roof here, now. However, I'm curious as to these grill mats. I had never heard of them until coming to this site (never knew concrete could hurt steel that isn't touching it either!). When I was at Lowes the other evening, I saw some but I'm not sure they were big enough for the 670.

Thanks for any advice and the advice you already offered up...

Well, she took her maiden voyage tonight and she performed beautifully. I had registered it a few days ago with Weber and I also had emailed them asking what part number the quick connector is, a part number for a caster that doesn't lock and if they had any trouble shooting tips for the handle that doesn't light. They offered to replace them ALL for free! I didn't even ask for it. Being in business, myself, that's what I call excellent customer service- something we strive really hard for in our line of work. Needless to say, I'm impressed.

One of my burners won't light on it own nor will the smoker box light with the snap jet lighters. They are lighting from the other burners that are lit.

Also, I'm used seeing the ceramic type burner (rotisserie) glow orange in color. It would light and I could see it pretty good when I partially closed the lid and looked up in it. However, I couldn't see it, at all really, if the lid was up. Is this correct?

Back