Embroidery recommendation for BBQ shirts?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a couple of button-up shirts I want to get embroidered with the TVWB logo. You see lots of BBQ teams with shirts like these. I expect setup charges and per-shirt cost to be high given I only want to do 3 shirts. Any tips for an outfit that will do small quantities with good quality? I assume not all embroidery is the same, that some are capable of more detail/resolution than others...true?

Not sure about around you Chris but most embroidery shops up here only do the design set up and sell you the shirt. They then send it out to have the actual embroidery done. There is usually a minimum # of shirts they will do.

I've got a couple of button-up shirts I want to get embroidered with the TVWB logo. You see lots of BBQ teams with shirts like these. I expect setup charges and per-shirt cost to be high given I only want to do 3 shirts. Any tips for an outfit that will do small quantities with good quality? I assume not all embroidery is the same, that some are capable of more detail/resolution than others...true?

Cafepress does 'em! Not sure how good they are, but I have done some of their other products (embroidered stockings for Christmas) and they seem fine.

Here in New Jersey we have kiosks at the malls which design them on the computer. You may have them by you as well. You may have to pay but there is no minimums. They do it for everything like, hats, shirts, aprons, etc. Hope this helps.

Chris, if you're still looking for a place, here's one that we know personally (good people and fellow bbq'rs)... Cotton Fever (their facebook page)
They do our association's aprons.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm still looking. Thanks for these recommendations. I've found some local places but "our machine is broken" may be a code word for "your job is too small". I found one very reputable place that I wanted to use, but they do huge jobs for Google, Yahoo!, etc. here in the Bay Area and don't want small jobs. He said he might consider it over the Christmas holiday when things get slow...that may be how I go...but I'm still open to suggestions. :)

I've looked into embroidery machines for simple work shirts..... I'm busy enough to not want to mess with doing it myself but.... it sure would be nice to repair my ski pants or backpacks etc.

many years ago I had a woman who had a setup in her house and I'd drop off the shirts to her, I went commercial not long after (simple biz name & web address, no art).

It might be worth calling Aramark: https://www.shoparamark.com/staticpage-embroidery

Back