2015 Weber Covers

Chris Z

TVWBB Member
I just bought a restored Genesis 1000 Redhead from member Alejandro DK and wanted to make sure I had a cover for it for when I brought it home. While I was on the phone with Weber on Thursday for some unrelated warranty issues with a part I bought while restoring my Genesis Gold C, I ordered a new cover. They told me the covers were redesigned for 2015 and wouldn't be available at retailers until October. They were able to sell me one and to my surprise it arrived this afternoon :). The new cover is P/N 7106 and is for the Genesis 1000, Silver A/B grills, although the packaging is only labeled for the Spirit 200/300 series. They said this one replaces the previous 7573 cover.

The good news about this cover is that it now carries a 3 year warranty as opposed to the old cover which was 2 years. I was surprised at the cost though at $69.99. Ouch! :mad: It also comes with a storage bag which is NOT removable from the cover. Not sure how I feel about that. The bag tucks under when its installed in the grill. The material seems comparable to last years cover, if not a bit less plasticy feeling and more supple to the touch. Anyways, here's some pics. Sorry if some are a bit blurry...

Right out of the box from Weber:

20140913_225006.jpg

Warranty:

20140913_225022.jpg

Note the storage bag location:

20140913_225033.jpg

Dimensions:

20140913_225938.jpg.

Unboxed (filled with cardboard):

20140913_225132.jpg

Storage bag sewn by a strap to the cover:

20140913_225252.jpg

Logo looks the same:

20140913_225410.jpg

All packed up with out the cardboard:

20140913_225807.jpg

Last edited:
Why on earth would anyone want t storage bag? Hopefully they are more durable; my last cover ripped in just over a year (I blame my wife). :) Next cover I will have made of Sunbrella for little over the cost of the Weber plastic crap.

I was wondering about the cover as well. I mean it's not like I take the cover off for the season like I do with my Snowblower or something like that. I take the cover off, cook, let it cool, cover, repeat. Weird feature that could have saved us few bucks not to have.

Looking at the box pic, it appears that the bag Hans on the OUTSIDE of the cover, when it is installed on the grill??

Seems wrong to me... But maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Would cut off immediately if it is on the outside.

-Tom in SoCal

Looking at the box pic, it appears that the bag Hans on the OUTSIDE of the cover, when it is installed on the grill??

Seems wrong to me... But maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Would cut off immediately if it is on the outside.

-Tom in SoCal

I thought exactly the same thing looking at the box. However, once I opened up the cover, I realized the strap is inside the cover. It seems you just tuck the bag underneath once the cover is on the grill. I'm hopefully picking up my Redhead 1000 next weekend. Once I put the cover on the grill I'll take some pics and report back.

Very Strange. Who is going to put their cover in a bag while they cook. Not getting it.

I'm baffled as to the benefit as well. My lawnmower and snowblower covers have integral bags. But those make sense since I take the cover off once for the season and just hang the bagged cover on the wall or put it on a shelf.

Last edited:
Well. I got the Genesis 1000 home from AlejandroDK in Ohio. Here is a pic with the 2015 cover installed. The bag is NO ISSUE. It just flips under and sits on the lower rack. I'm really happy with the fit and quality so far.

20140928_235017.jpg

20140928_235218.jpg

I need to buy one for my SS Performer.. I've been told, I have to order from Weber, since the older SS models are longer.

Dave, I ordered the cover this morning.. Looks as though the nice weather of the Pacific northwest is coming to a end soon, with rains forecasted for next week.. Thank you again!

Anyone looking for a cover for the 2015 deluxe performer the number is 7152 from HomeDepot Online. I received it in 2 days great looking and has Bag for the cover included

jerry

I contacted Weber over the weekend, showed my Weber cover and how it was not holding up, along with my purchase slip. They emailed me back and said sorry about the cover, I'll be glad to ship you a new one! Well new cover came in today, looks like the same one posted in this thread. What i liked about the old one was it had weight to it and never had to worry about it being blown off like i hear from other non Weber owners that buy those cheap plastic like covers. This one seems light so we will see. I just took it out checked it out, ran some water over it, and watched it bead and rolled off. Then the other test was to get it back in the bag, and i was surprised i did it on the first shot. I don't like how the bag is part of the cover. I think they were thinking of someone hosting a party, and having you stick the cover somewhere. This way you can store the cover in the bag and slip it somewhere. Im happy my 2nd warranty replacement from Weber. It is a good move to hang onto you slips sometimes on certain dollar amount items. I have a kettle cover that is going to crack over this bad winter i bet you....cold outside today.

Glad you're liking your new cover. Just wanted to let everyone know that in single digit temperatures here in NY the new Weber cover is as soft and supple as can be. The old style covers on my Performers and Genesis grills are like cardboard and can stand up by themselves when removed from the grill, if you could actually do that without cracking them. Good job Weber! Oh, and the bag has turned out to be no big deal. It just tucks away, out of sight, out of mind.

Why on earth would anyone want t storage bag?

I was wondering about the cover as well. I mean it's not like I take the cover off for the season like I do with my Snowblower or something like that. I take the cover off, cook, let it cool, cover, repeat. Weird feature that could have saved us few bucks not to have.

Very Strange. Who is going to put their cover in a bag while they cook. Not getting it.
I thought the very same.... however, I did find a use for the bag.
Do cut it free and use it as a LUNCH BAG.
Then, semi cool co-workers will stop and ask, "Holy Sh*t! Where'd you get the Weber Lunch Bag from?" :D

I thought the very same.... however, I did find a use for the bag.
Do cut it free and use it as a LUNCH BAG.
Then, semi cool co-workers will stop and ask, "Holy Sh*t! Where'd you get the Weber Lunch Bag from?" :D

Great idea Jim except I'd have to get a job.....Not going to happen!

In regards to the cover the one that came with my rescue Ducane is like the days of old covers Weber used to make with the soft lining on the inside, really soft and nice. The grill is a 2006 and the cover is still like new.

Back