2 more 4.2.4 thermocouple HM's born today in the UK :)

Jon_Skeet

Hi All,

Finished off the 4.2.4's for Bob Pearson and myself this afternoon, the Pi headers were missing from the Mouser order (not ordered) so soldered them on today.

First one came up without issue but had an issue with - No Pit Probe - on the second, had a good look round and couldn't see anything obvious, reflowed the SMT IC, resistors and caps, same issue :( Got the magnifying glass out and the IC was very slightly out of alignment so bit the bullet and de soldered it and as expected a pad came with it :( Fortunately it was the NC pin, cleaned the pads up and then got my other half to hold the board while i tacked it back on, soldered it and replaced the cap that I removed for access... Not touched SMT or soldering for 15 years or so :( Used to either cut the IC off or use a rework station.

Anyway, cleaned up and rebooted and no more error so 2 4.2.4's up and running, still have a few bits to do, fit LED's when the cases arrive early next week and figure out how to mount the servo and fan to my Chargriller Smoking Pro then Bob's Weber.

BTW, if any UK guys need a 3D printer PM me, found a guy in Scotland that will do them for about £25 a case.

Amazed how good the HM is, Many thanks to Bryan and everyone else involved in supporting the HM :) As I learn more will try to help out more.

Cheers,

Jon.

Back