Gas Off @ Tank

Robert.K

Do you guys turn your propane off at the tank after use, or do you just use the dial regulators on the grill?

After I turn the burners off I turn off the gas at the tank. This is safe in case the control knobs get bumped and Weber recommends this since it turns off the pressure in the line.

Never bother myself. Ask yourself this...............Do you go outside and shut the gas main off when you're done cooking on the stove? It's the same hardware. Just sayin'. Also if you are a tank shutter always shut the burners first than the tank. Otherwise when you turn the tank back on you can trip the OPD device.

Tank. If a wind storm ever rolls through and knocks your grill over, it is cheap insurance that you won't come home to a smoldering pile of ashes that was once your house

Never bother myself. Ask yourself this...............Do you go outside and shut the gas main off when you're done cooking on the stove? It's the same hardware. Just sayin'. Also if you are a tank shutter always shut the burners first than the tank. Otherwise when you turn the tank back on you can trip the OPD device.

Little different situation if you shut off the gas at the main. If you have a gas water heater and furnace you just shut them off too. Every heard of critters chewing through propane tank hoses, happens all the time. Just sayin.

Back