Kansas City Kosher (KCBS) BBQ Competition- This weekend August 17 2014

I will be flying in to Kansas tomorrow morning for this competition. Never thought I would be doing this!! One thing maybe to compete in a local comp, but now, flying in for one!! Gotta give major thanks to Chris for all of his support and of course to all of you over the years. Without all of you this would not have ever been possible. I know I havent been on here in a while. This past year I even started selling briskets and ribs to my buddies...this last week just with my 22 I made 12 (point) briskets and 6 racks of monster ribs....anyways, thanks but thats not why I posted this...

This weekend will be the Kosher Kansas City BBQ Comp www.kckosherbbq.com, the only KCBS sanctioned competition!!
My friend Mendel is running it.....

"Its unique that its a 100% kosher event, the organizers provide the smokers ( all Weber of course, 1 WSM 22.5 and 1 one touch silver 22.5 per team) and the meat most if not all ingredients (they give you a list to pick from and anything not on it you have to buy and it needs to be certified kosher) they also provide all the utensils.

Its a great challenge for the cooks as everyone is on a level playing field."

If you are around, would love to meet you..and take a selphie too!!

MOrdy

ps Bryan? Lisa? the others that I cant put a name on still around?

Last edited:
Just got back from the Kansas comp!!!

It was an amazing experience. This was the first time that I was in a comp where I was along side teams who usually hit 15-30 comps a year! It was a great experience. There were 23 teams. We took home a third place trophy in ribs and tenth overall. Our turkey was 8th and everything else wasnt very good. A little sad. I need to brush up big time on how to do better in competitions, presentation and in cooking of the meats. You can check out all of the scores in kcbs.us. Overall we did a respectable finish!!

I got to meet Simon Majumdar who was a celebraty judge and I chilled with Paul Kirk as well!!! How cool was that?!?!?

Chris,
where should I send the pictures?

Back