The B3 Sandwich: Brisket, Butt & Bacon

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
7B5pYZv.jpg

I wanted a BBQ sandwich. I had leftover brisket flat and pork butt in the freezer but couldn't decide between the two. So I decided not to decide.

I made a few slices of Pig Candy using Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut hickory smoked bacon and set it aside.

Cut six slices of brisket flat about 3" long totaling 3.5 ounces. Brushed both sides of each slice with SYD All-Purpose Easy BBQ Sauce and arranged them on a plate. Pulled a chunk of pork butt totaling 3.5 ounces. Moistened the pork with a little sauce and put it on the plate. Covered with plastic wrap and microwaved for 1 minute at 30% power.

Toasted a good quality Kaiser roll.

Arranged brisket slices on the bun, then loaded on the butt, drizzled with some warm sauce, and topped with two slices of bacon. A few pickled jalapenos on the side. Un. Be. Leivable. 8 ounces of barbecued goodness. Not something to be eaten every day, but delicious and a real treat!

I call it the B3 Sandwich. Filing it in the Pork Recipes forum since it's 2/3 pork and 1/3 beef, if not by weight at least by ingredients! :)

Back