Genesis E-330 Wheels

Gene Hersh

The flange on all four wheels comes to within 1/8 inch of the ground, and sometimes drags the cement. I thought it was an assembly error. But, I went to the Lowes store that assembled the grill 2 weeks ago and other grills on display were the same as mine. Is it a design flaw?

If you don't like the Weber castors, you can always replace them with the castor of your choice. Just pull them out of the leg end check the diameter and length of the mounting stud.

Mcmaster.com has many alternatives...

I had planned to do that but have been pleasantly surprised at how well the Weber castors have worked, but I'm only moving it about 10 feet over smooth concrete. I can see that they might not be so good on other surfaces...

I bet if you put some taller casters under there the lower panel would be further from concrete and have less rust out issues too

I'm going to have to disagree with Tom. I just bought a Genesis 330 and while assembling it myself, made the mistake of putting a locking caster in the back position, rather than the front. It seems impossible to remove the casters without also damaging the plastic housing they plug into. There's a brass collar around the caster shaft that locks them in place so they don't fall out, a very sensible precaution I wish other manufacturers would adopt.

If you're able to pull the casters out of the housing, you're a better man than I. But what you will probably have more success with is what I had to do - I just pulled the square plastic housing out of the bottom of the grill and swapped position. If you can't manage to get the caster out of the insert, just order new plastic housings and start from scratch. I'm guessing they shouldn't be too expensive.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have a flat bar which has a notch cut into it. I place that notch on the shaft of the caster and give a good smack to the flat bar and the caster pops out every time.

Back