Awesome Weber Customer Service - In the UK!

James M-B

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok I've seen people on here talking about how good Weber CS can be, of course that has always been in the US.
Things are usually different here in the UK.

Well after seven years of regular use and plenty of neglect one of the gas controls on my Gen Silver B suddenly froze.
I rang Weber UK Customer service to order the part but they were too busy.
So I filled the online form in - just how does one submit a photo of a stuck gas control?

The next thing I knew I got an email saying it was covered under warranty and a new gas manifold was being sent out foc - great. Of course I was still using the grill with just two burners.

Once I took the insides out I discovered that the support bracket for the middle burner had fallen off the crossover tube.
I simply added a new picture to the email trail and also described the fact that it gave a kind of whoosh when the middle burner lit from the fact that it was hanging down. They agreed to send me a new crossover tube under warranty and suggested I get a new igniter, chargeable, at the same time to save the postage. I agreed and asked them to ring for payment details.

Today I realised they had never rung back so opened the email to chase them up, only to find they had replied saying they had waived the igniter charge and shipped. In fact the parts were here when I got home.
In short they tackled my problem, covered it under warranty and did the same when I discovered another problem. This is a high mileage grill!

I am absolutely delighted with the service and what a brilliant warranty. This really isn't what I normally encounter here in the UK.
I know I am preaching to the converted on this forum but really this is amazing and I just had to tell someone. This really is a grill for life!

Happy, happy, happy - thank you Weber!

James

Nice. Just an FYI, but there are sites where you can buy a replacement valve for pretty cheap. You could repair your old manifold and keep the other as a backup. Or, you could sell either the old one or the new one to someone who wants to convert their's over to whatever you are using. (NG to propane, or propane to NG).

EDIT: Just went back to find a site I had been on that sells these valves and of course, I can't find it now. :mad:

Last edited:

Back