Colors in natural gas models? Or should I just get SS

RLee

Hi everyone! I've had my weber genesis silver B for 13 years. We re-did the backyard a few years ago and I had the contractor put in a natural gas line. I'm now ready to switch to natural gas so I don't have to mess with the propane tank switches any more.

I'm set I think on a Weber Genesis EP-330 but the only color natural gas comes in is black! I was going to go stainless steel but I live about a mile from the beach and I know I won't be as diligent as I would need to be to keep that grill looking beautiful. More than that I'm worried about some reports of rusting near the firebox, etc. living this close to the ocean. I kind of like some of the colors, like the grey one, but it seems that weber has taken the Henry Ford approach that you can have any color you want as long as it is black.

Any chance with the 2015 models that colors might be added to the natural gas lines? Is the rusting on the stainless steel exteriors really a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Your concerns about SS being high-maintenance are well-founded... so I'd suggest just learning to love the black porcelain...

Hi everyone! I've had my weber genesis silver B for 13 years. We re-did the backyard a few years ago and I had the contractor put in a natural gas line. I'm now ready to switch to natural gas so I don't have to mess with the propane tank switches any more.

I'm set I think on a Weber Genesis EP-330 but the only color natural gas comes in is black! I was going to go stainless steel but I live about a mile from the beach and I know I won't be as diligent as I would need to be to keep that grill looking beautiful. More than that I'm worried about some reports of rusting near the firebox, etc. living this close to the ocean. I kind of like some of the colors, like the grey one, but it seems that weber has taken the Henry Ford approach that you can have any color you want as long as it is black.

Any chance with the 2015 models that colors might be added to the natural gas lines? Is the rusting on the stainless steel exteriors really a problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi RLee; I am pretty close to the beach and bought the black EP-330 last fall. Fantastic grill! I do keep it covered and while I think I would have bought a different color if available I do like the black porcelain finish. I think that the overall demand for the NG models must be light and that's why they're only offered in SS and black.

Hi RLee; I am pretty close to the beach and bought the black EP-330 last fall. Fantastic grill! I do keep it covered and while I think I would have bought a different color if available I do like the black porcelain finish. I think that the overall demand for the NG models must be light and that's why they're only offered in SS and black.

Well, I'm leaving for out of town the last two weeks of August and I thought I read somewhere that they announce for 2015 models in either August or September with a release in October. I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth waiting to see if there is any chance some colors might be in the 2015 natural gas genesis models. So far historically, it does look like only black will be available, but hope springs eternal.

What do you all think? is there any hope for a color other than black?

Also, on the sear burner, is there only one setting - (on full blast or off), or can you adjust that burner like the other burners as well?

Not sure on any colors. As to the sear burner, on mine it is a dial, not as much adjustment variation as the other three burners, but you do have some control.

If you go to a Weber dealer who is anxious to please they might take a lid from an LP model in color of your choice and exchange it. The person who than buys the black propane grill will never know it had a different lid

If you go to a Weber dealer who is anxious to please they might take a lid from an LP model in color of your choice and exchange it. The person who than buys the black propane grill will never know it had a different lid

That's a good idea

Back