Anybody ever see a date code of NT?? (2007 Spirit E-310)

Tom Henderson

TVWBB Member
I have a Spirit E-310 I bought off of CL. Works great.

I noticed the date code is NT... which doesn't show up in any of the online date code tables.

When I enter that serial number into the Weber site, it returns the proper manuals etc so I know the code is legit. I was just wondering if it meant something... (i.e. it was an export model, etc).

Just wondering...

-Tom in SoCal

(I originally posted this query in the Q forum by mistake.... sorry about that.)

I picked up a Spirit E-210 on CL that had a serial starting with NI. Like you, it returned the right manuals and what not. Kept looking at the Codes Value List thinking that I must just be overlooking something :D.

Will be interesting to see what the answer is.

I was not aware of the Spirit serial numbers. The new Genesis II serial numbers are different, too. For example, for a Genesis II E-310: "GYxxxxxxx"

69iqa2F.jpg

Hmmmm, I notice in the bottom right corner it says "2015". I am guessing that is the model year of your grill. But that still doesn't solve the strange serial number issue.
I am going to have to clean off more of my data sticker to see if I can find a date in that area on mine.

Yep, mine reads "2006". So, I guess that answers the model year of my grill, but not the question of why the serial number doesn't follow the typical Weber numbering patterns.

Weber%20Spirit%20E210%203_zps4dud8ncf.jpg

Last edited:
You can't rely on the dates included in the "Design certified under ANSI..." info. That date often precedes the manufacturing date of the grill, sometimes by several years.

The label I posted is from a brand new, 2017 Weber Genesis II E-310 that I photographed in a store. As you can see, the 2015 ANSI certification date precedes the manufacturing date by two years.

I would assume that the only thing the 2006 ANSI date tells you is that your grill was not manufactured before 2006.

I'm working on these serial numbers...anyone interested in helping can chime in here.

Sequence #1

Tom and Bruce both report having Spirit gas grills with an NT serial number. Dave reports having an NI serial number. Tom says that NT = 2007.

Weber's support site lists this series of letter: NI - NO - NT

So I think we're looking at a sequence like this:

xxxxxxTION

Dave, can you confirmed that your grill is a 2008?

---

Sequence #2

Also on the Weber support site, there's this series:

GE - GI - GJ - GO - GV - GY

My photo of a 2017 Genesis II gas grill has a GY serial number.

So I start with something like this:

GxxxxxYxxx

Then I plugged GEIJOVY in an anagram program and got the phrase "GIVE JOY".

So that looks like this:

GIVEJOYxxx

GI - 2012
GV - 2013
GE - 2014
GJ - 2015
GO - 2016
GY - 2017

Any idea what the last three letters might be? I'm thinking FUL?

--

Sequence #3

There's also this series of letters on Weber's support site:

BA - BB - BH - BK - BL - BM - BQ - BS

BB could be the first letter in the sequence representing 11 for 2011, or it could be the last letter representing 00 for 2000.

Any ideas about this B sequence?

It may be related to which of the Chinese vendors produced the grill kind of like the first character of a VIN i.e. if you own a Toyota or Nissan product if it's a "J" it means your vehicle was produced in Japan. If you have a Kia/Hyundai product a "K" means Korea build

Chris,
I emailed Weber C/S regarding mine and they say my grill was "MADE" in 2007. Hope that helps you or anyone else.
Serial # NT6232930

I have a 2007 which I purchased new. I have the serial number from the manual, otherwise would have no clue where to find it. I can say that I have called Weber direct asking about part numbers, replacements and such and they have been fantastic! No information on the website, but if you call, they will be able to tell you anything you want about your grill!

Yah, I got all the information via C/S email. I know the model #, Year of manufacture and the part #'s for all the parts that I need.

Problem is that I cannot find hardly any of the parts online and will have to order direct from Weber...but at least their prices are not bad. And I know what I am getting is genuine Weber parts.

Sometimes you just have to call Weber Customer Service and ask...

Gas grill code for Spirit starting in 2007 model year:

DECRYPTWON

Gas grill code for Spirit starting in 2012 model year:

GIVEJOYNUW

Still working on that B series...

Last edited:

Back