New S-330 Owner From Louisville

Mike Rudy

TVWBB Member
Hi-

Just replaced my 14 year old weber gasser with a new S-330. Couldn't be happier! Been lurking on the forum for a few weeks. Seems like a lot of good folks and VERY useful information. I considered myself a fairly avid griller (and campfire chef) in the past but i can tell that between this forum and the new grill, that i'm gonna kick it up a couple notches.

Anyways, looking forward to this forum and to a lot more grilling! I'll post some pics a little later.

Mike

Hi Mike, I too have the S330 and find it a pleasure to cook on but more importantly, the food cooks evenly and oh so good. Treat yourself and buy a rotisserie for the 330. Hard to beat a rotisserie chicken. Good luck and good cooking.

Thanks guys! Yes, I did share with my new bride. It was such a large ribeye that we split it. It was perfect!!

What should my next purchase be in terms of a charcoal grill or a smoker? Was thinking of trying to find a used WSM maybe.

Thanks Bill. That Performer Platinum looks like a great grill. I've been reading a ton of reviews on them and they are very good! I just need to make some room on my deck.

I'm also looking at the Weber Go Anywhere charcoal grill for camping and tailgating.

Welcome aboard we live just 90 minutes north of you in Alexandria KY.
You will love yhis site alot of good people here doing wgat we all love BBQ grilling or smoking it is sll good and better to share.

Found a new 18.5 WSM on craigslist and thinking hard of pulling the trigger. Also found a slightly used Performer Platinum. I am starting to see why most guys have multiple Weber grills.

Thanks Bill....and yes, explaining to the wife is going to be fun :) I'm also looking at the CGA for camping and tailgating. Yes, i'm addicted now i think. What a great hobby though. Thanks again to all for all the help.

Thanks Mike!

I picked up the used (albeit new) 18.5 WSM this past weekend. Did my first cook of ribs and chicken on it. (I made a post on the new member WSM sub forum for my first WSM cook....turned out pretty well i thought)

Still looking hard at the Performer Platinum. The really nice used one that i located on CL sold before i could get over there. May just have to break down and get a new one...in Green!

Thanks Bill. That Performer Platinum looks like a great grill. I've been reading a ton of reviews on them and they are very good! I just need to make some room on my deck.

I'm also looking at the Weber Go Anywhere charcoal grill for camping and tailgating.

Hi Mike, welcome to the Forum. Instead of the Go Anywhere you might want to think about a Smokey Joe, and build a Mini WSM if you do much camping/tailgating.

Hey Doug- Thanks for the suggestion on the Smokey Joe/Mini WSM build. I've been reading up on it and it looks really cool! I think i may go that route instead of the CGA.

PS I ordered a green Performer Platinum and can't wait for it to arrive...should be early next week.

Oh Mike, you've got the sickness real bad. The Doctor recommends putting a mess of chicken wings on the Performer, pop a top, sit back and enjoy the moment. Than eat the wings, yummm.

Bill

Back