I Helped Sell A Weber Grill

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
A few weeks ago I was visiting Orchard Supply Hardware, just looking at Weber grills as I tend to do. A lady was standing there looking at a Weber Spirit E-310, a three-burner model. She kept looking and looking at that grill. I finally got up the nerve to say, "Are you thinking about buying a Weber grill?" and she replied, "Yes, this one right here." I told her I owned several Weber grills, that I loved them all, and that my original Weber gas grill from 1992 was still alive and well in my father's backyard.

Thus began a conversation over the next few minutes about Weber grills and how much she would enjoy owning one. She took the pull tag to the register to make the purchase, I gave her a TVWBB card inviting her to check-out these forums, and she started her journey as a happy, satisfied Weber customer.

Have you ever talked with a potential Weber grill buyer while in a store? Were you afraid to say something? What was your experience like? Tell us your story.

Best,
Chris

I know what's gonna happen now Chris...
She gets home with her new Weber
fires it up
eets the dinner she cooked on it
has a few (maybe just one) curious thought about doing something different on it...
looks in the supplied owners manual for ideas...
Finds none, then thinks to herself...
"what did I do with that card the dude in the store gave me...?"

lurks in the forum to get better acquainted with her new Weber and stumbles across this here thread ----
signs up and thanks you in your own forum :D

I was lurking, I mean looking at the Weber stuff at Home Depot and a lady was checking out the 18’’ silvers, she was going back and forth with it looking at the box, so finally I spook up and asked if she had any questions.

She was buying it for her daughter but was worried that it would be hard to put together, I told her the worst part would be the axle nuts and showed her KBB was on sale, she loaded them both up and off she went.

If I have time left after I eat,I'll go to a Lowe's or Home Depot to look around and I always manage to wander to the grill area. Imagine that! If I see someone looking at another brand,I ALWAYS tell them how awesome my Weber's are! Not ashamed a bit!

A few week ago i was walking into my local garden center to stock up on bbq supplies, when i heard a little boy say to his father that his friends dad had made the best burgers in the world on a gas bbq.

He then dragged his dad (who i think was a bit pieved at hearing how wonderful his frends dad was) over to the Weber dept, pointed at a Genesis e-330 and declared thats it...can we have one Daddy, Daddy seen how much it was (£1100) then near had a litter of kittens!

I asked if he did much grilling or bbq and he said no...but he would like to have a go, but the weber gasser was way of his price range.

i pulled my phone out and showed him what can be done on a 22.5 one touch kettle...he seemed pretty shocked at what can be achieved on one...so he bought one there and then, with chimney and baskets!

Whilst checking out he thanked me for my time (i also told him about this site) and the manager asked if i had contributed to the sale.

I got a free bag of weber lump for my trouble....altough the store manager wasnt to happy when i told him he was looking at Genesis e330...but i talked him out of it!!

That is a great story, Phil. By the way, that store manager was wrong. You can't talk someone out of doing something he wasn't going to do anyway. You sold him on a purchase when none would have happened otherwise! Good for you! :)

And how do you like that Weber lump charcoal? Weber has not sold charcoal here in the US for many years.

Cheers guys, I love the Weber lump Chris, it is a a mix of Hornbeam, Oak and Beech with pretty big piece`s in it and is a real fast burner. It really does impart a fantastic flavour into the food.

i guess when we buy a Weber we all become salespersons!

Back