Weber warehouse part shipping delays

Jon Alex

TVWBB Member
Just to let you know I tried ordering a Weber 80174 valve assembly for my 13 yo Genesis side burner and the great customer service person indicated that they are experiencing 2-3 week shipping delays. They offered free shipping due to their move to a new warehouse. Looking for a local HW or online parts source. Was hoping to order direct from my favorite customer service group.

I ordered the grommets for the 18.5" WSM, and it took exactly one month from the day I ordered them until they arrived. I didn't get break on shipping...

I ordered the grommets for the 18.5" WSM, and it took exactly one month from the day I ordered them until they arrived. I didn't get break on shipping...

Couple of months ago I ordered a set of burners for a Genesis and was told that I should receive them in 5 to 7 business days. Called 2 weeks later and asked where they were. CSR apologized and explained that they were way behind on shipping. She dug a bit deeper and said that the burners wouldn't even be available for shipping for 3 more weeks. I politely voiced my displeasure and she told me to find whatever accessory I wanted from their website and that she would send it to me. I was kind of shocked but told her that I'd really like to have a set of PCI grates for the Genesis. 5 days later, the grates were delivered. Two days later, the burners showed up :cool:

On the flip side, I have another order that was placed a month ago and its still not here.

I bought a EP-330 from a dealer on Amazon back in May. Grill arrived in a pristine carton and strapped to a pallet. Each SS side table was seperately packaged in it's own box. The right panel was severely damaged, crushed in fact, and sitting in a nice, pretty box!
I called Weber CS and they had a replacement to me in two days. Then a couple weeks later I noticed a 1" hairline crack in the firebox sidewall. Called Weber CS and spoke with a real nice lady who sent me two oven mitts for my trouble (which I have no use for but nice gesture). The firebox ended up on back order and no one could give me an answer on a delivery time frame. Suddnely it arrived one day out of no where five weeks later.
For me, the delay wasn't a big deal since my original firebox is working fine except for the minor flaw. After inspection, I placed the packaged firebox up in the rafters of my garage for future use if needed. I figure when it goes, I have the part on hand.

I bought a EP-330 from a dealer on Amazon back in May. Grill arrived in a pristine carton and strapped to a pallet. Each SS side table was seperately packaged in it's own box. The right panel was severely damaged, crushed in fact, and sitting in a nice, pretty box!
I called Weber CS and they had a replacement to me in two days. Then a couple weeks later I noticed a 1" hairline crack in the firebox sidewall. Called Weber CS and spoke with a real nice lady who sent me two oven mitts for my trouble (which I have no use for but nice gesture). The firebox ended up on back order and no one could give me an answer on a delivery time frame. Suddnely it arrived one day out of no where five weeks later.
For me, the delay wasn't a big deal since my original firebox is working fine except for the minor flaw. After inspection, I placed the packaged firebox up in the rafters of my garage for future use if needed. I figure when it goes, I have the part on hand.

Nice. Does make me wonder though whether this would be your "one firebox replacement" under warranty ? Or if you're still covered for the next 25 years and can get another one if/when you need it. :cool:

Back