I hate (dislike) chicken

Mike Taylor

TVWBB Member
My son and I do a few competition each year and we have really gotten tired of the same old thing with chicken...thighs. We did well in one competition and than got trashed in the next with the same recipe. I recently had a conversation with two KCBS judges and it seems they would like to see something new also. Has anyone seen anyone do well in competition with anything other than thighs? I'm thinking about split Cornish Hens.

Thanks

I judged a contest where one competitor entered legs. They were really good, too. Other than that one time, always thighs.

Thoroughly enjoy when something other than thighs appear in the box. Have seen a couple of teams turning in Legs, and going Very Well !
Interesting idea on the Hens. Would 6 halves fit in a box ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the input....I like the lollipop idea after searching Google and watching a couple of videos. As far as Cornish hens are concerned they probably wouldn't fit in a box now that I think about it. I just happened to see they are allowed under KCBS rules.

Legs are popular around here (PNWBA Land), but I've not turned any in. Try your hand at breasts.

IMG_0432.jpg

BTW - I LOVE Chicken!

Back