Bryan Mayland

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Contest is over congratulations to the winners
MDemm --- Winner
Nick R - PCB
PaulFisher - PCB - Declined
Guy Barton - PCB
Adam - PCB from PaulFisher

To celebrate the release of HeaterMeter v4.2.4 I'm giving away one of my v4.2.3 development units.

It's a trap! This is actually a v4.2.3 unit in a case. This uses a 3.3V servo drive, but other than that is functionally identical to the new v4.2.4 unit. The screw holes and LCD are also in a slightly different place but this case is designed exclusively for these dimensions. Development units contain over 15% more love than production units and are minor celebrities having been photographed hundreds of times and undergoing continuous scrutiny of their size and weight.

Includes
  • HeaterMeter v4.2.3 board fully populated with thermocouple support and integrated connector (no RF)
  • Amber backlight 2 line character LCD
  • Blue custom 3D printed case and screws/nuts
  • Free shipping
  • Retail value $0 so no tax!
  • I'll even through a button cap that's not melted if I can find one
  • EDIT The standard 12V blower (used as well), no damper or mount

Does not include (you must supply)
  • RaspberryPi model B (case is molded for ethernet jack and dual USB jacks)
  • USB wifi adapter if desired
  • 12V 1A power adapter
  • SD card for software
  • Thermocouple pit probe
  • Thermistor food probes

I'm only willing to ship to United States or Canadian addresses so my condolences for where you were born, foreigners. To enter the contest, just post ONCE to this thread-- anyone posting more than once will be disqualified. Persons outside the United States / Canada posting to ask if I'd be willing to ship to them if they pay for shipping are double disqualified. Winner will be selected at random using a high tech supercomputer in Tampa, FL. You must post before July 21st 12:00AM UTC to be eligible.

I'm also giving away 3 bare HeaterMeter v4.2 PCB, courtesy of Laen over at OSH Park where the boards are made. International BBQers are welcome to enter the giveaway for a chance to win one of these boards. If you posted for the pre-built HeaterMeter but win a PCB and don't want it, I'll be happy to pick someone else with your compliments.

EDIT: I realized I didn't state if the blower was included or not and it makes sense to include it so I'm going to throw one in.
EDIT: Added our friends in Canada to the eligible people list, you guys are alright by me.
EDIT: Added 3 HeaterMeter PCBs.

Note from Moderator: This is an approved TVWBB giveaway.

Last edited:
Hi Bryan,

Thank you for all of your dedication and hard work on the HM. Sign me in for the giveaway. Either way, I will be building one soon.

Tom

I'll be building one of my own very soon, but have a few people who I could pass it along to so count me in. Thanks for all of the hard work!

I'm new here, I found the board a few weeks ago (and saw the thread where you mentioned to wait for the 4.2 so I've been patiently waiting), I'm a soldering newbie so the opportunity to get one that's pre-assembled would be great!

I forgot to state if the blower was included. I hadn't planned on it but if I don't include it then you'd have to order one from Digikey/Mouser so I'm going to go ahead and throw one in. I only have used blowers, so suck it up!

Back