Rotisserie on Spirit e210/e220

KeithAdv

TVWBB Member
Hey gang...

So, I just bought my fourth Weber cooking thing. This time it was a Spirit e220 to complement my Performer.

I also got the rotisserie that Weber makes for this model. I've never used a rotisserie before.

As I'm reading about rotisserie cooking on the grill, I consistently see advice about indirect heat and placing the meat over the center burner, which is left off.

Well, of course the 210/220 line has only two burners. Did I waste my money on the rotisserie or is anyone out there successfully doing this method using a two-burner grill, direct heat, with both burners lit?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Keith

Sort of. That model is not really a good setup for rotisserie. The best ones had the E/W burner design (controls to the side). Allowing you to keep the heat along the length of the grill but not directly under the food.

If what you are cooking is not too large, maybe you can have it close to the motor side and have the burner underneath tuned off? I have the three burner east/west model and a rotisserie would work great but I hate cleaning up and the rotisserie would be another utensil to wash. I find indirect with a drip pan under the meat is the easiest and less "clean up".

Back