New Grillgrates

Love to hear how they work. In the process of doing 3 remods myself. I am trying to decide what grates to go with.

You are going to really like the GrillGrates, I use them on my kettles and Q's and use both sides of the grates. They really clean up nicely also. Be sure to let us know what you think of them!!

I've had mine for a few years and I like them a lot. Excellent on the gas grill. No flare ups to deal with and if you like grill marks on your meats ...you get em ! Flip them over and they function like a flat top for burgers.

Tested the Grillgrates out with a ribeye yesterday and worked out well. Did reverse sear, that was a first. I'll probably sear first next time.

Nate the more you use those Grillgrates the better they work. Grillgrates put a nice taste to a steak or burger that you can't get with regular grates. I never wash mine, I want that seasoning on them, so I just use a putty knife and scrape of the rails and flip over and scrape the backside. I think in time you will agree you've made the best investment for your grill.

The main reason I got these was to control flare ups. I can say there were no flareups with the ribeye I grilled yesterday.

Good question M Halle, my Genesis S330 came with stainless grates, however they sit in my storage/bbq shed and the Grillgrates sit on my grill. So to answer your question, Yes Grillgrates for me.

I have had mine for about a year now. I like them a lot and they are easy to move from grill to grill.
They have never flared up on me and let plenty of smoke come through the vent holes. Great for pizza too.

Your grill looks fresh out of the box. What year is it? How do you make it look so good?

Last edited:
Your grill looks fresh out of the box. What year is it? How do you make it look so good?

I bought it new in June 2004 on clearance. I believe its a 2003 model. I still have owners manual and receipt. Everything is original except for the 3 grill grate panels. I still have the originals. This grill has been used and abused. I should take better care of it. I use to cover it, until the cover ripped a few years ago. It's fallen over in high winds only because the cover acted like a sale. It sits out in the rain and full sun; suppose to be like 106 today. I don't clean it very often. Maybe once a year or longer. When I do clean it, I just wash it down with automotive soap and some other degreaser. I also scrape out the fire box with a putty knife and wire brush the burners. The only thing that I'd really like to replace is the lid handle because the plastic is faded. Oh, and I really want to find and install an original side burner for this model. This grill will get a better cleaning when I finish putting my Silver B back together.:cool:

Back