What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Christopher H

TVWBB Fan
Happy Thursday!

The weekend is almost here which means I'll be back on the smoker! I am thinking about doing a small (4lb) pork butt and some chicken thighs and sausages.

What is everyone else doing? I'll post pics after the smoke!

I think I am going to give the family this weekend off from eating smoked meat since next weekend is July 4th weekend. I am thinking of smoking a couple days next weekend though (maybe brisket one day and ribs another).

Dave

yeah, Meijer, among others, typically does not have reasonable prices for brisket, among other things. Nor do they have decent size brisket, either, way too small.

it may have to be chicken pieces since Buschs has them for 98cents a lb. We will see what SHMBO says about it.

yeah, Meijer, among others, typically does not have reasonable prices for brisket, among other things. Nor do they have decent size brisket, either, way too small.

it may have to be chicken pieces since Buschs has them for 98cents a lb. We will see what SHMBO says about it.

What type of chicken is that for? Buschs is 5 minutes away from me!

I did pork butt last week, so Ill do ribs this week. I'm going to try my first brisket for the fourth, but Ill have some chicken wings on stand-by just in case a hockey puck comes off the smoker.

I did pork butt last week, so Ill do ribs this week. I'm going to try my first brisket for the fourth, but Ill have some chicken wings on stand-by just in case a hockey puck comes off the smoker.

Are you doing a high heat brisket? Sounds like you have it all planned out!

Think I'm going to do this, only not in the oven, but on the BBQ, probably the charcoal, not the gasser

A815F371-C8A8-4982-93A5-8F65ACA0996A_zpsw6k78bxq.jpg

6A027498-A492-478E-951D-9A45B11595CF_zpskx2ebwqz.png

7BD63607-38A2-447F-AABA-9F8115EEA350_zpsf1is3hsy.jpg

Back