Best covers for Weber Spirit e310

AndyGriff

I have just bitten the bullet and am having a Weber Spirit Original E-310 delivered at the weekend :)

I've ordered some Weber tools and a T-Brush to go with it, so I can keep it in good condition, but I want to get a cover...

I've heard and read that the Weber covers are about the only thing they make that isn't good quality, so I was wondering if anyone can suggest a cover supplier or brand that makes a good quality cover that fits this BBQ well?

[nb. am UK based so ideally would like one available in or at the least, to the UK!]

I've used "Classic Accessories" grill covers for the last few years. Good build quality and fit for a reasonable price. My only complaint is that they are a light tan color which gets dirty quickly. They wash up well.

They look good, but i don't seem to be able to find them in the UK :(

EDIT - actually, i have found a couple on ebay that will ship to the UK for not too ridiculous prices... is it the 73922 or 73912 i'd need for Weber e310?

Last edited:
Weber covers are fine. Are they of the same quality of 20 years ago? Perhaps not, but so what, we're talking about a grill, not a $500000 sports car. The Weber cover will do you fine and if not, Weber's warranty will take care of you. I have Weber cover's on all of my stuff, don't over think it mate.

Good luck.

Weber covers are fine. Are they of the same quality of 20 years ago? Perhaps not, but so what, we're talking about a grill, not a $500000 sports car. The Weber cover will do you fine and if not, Weber's warranty will take care of you. I have Weber cover's on all of my stuff, don't over think it mate.

Good luck.

Fair point. They are very expensive tho - I can get the Calssic Accessories one delivered to the UK for 2/3 of the price of the weber one, so may just do that... esp if the are apparently better

Thanks - close to ordering one from the states... which size do you have for your Genesis (think they're pretty much the same size as the Spirit right?)

Thanks - close to ordering one from the states... which size do you have for your Genesis (think they're pretty much the same size as the Spirit right?)

Genesis: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HCNEWM/tvwb-20

I believe the Spirit is a bit smaller than the Genesis. The Medium cover fits up to about 60" wide and is what I have for my Genesis. The Small fits up to 43.5" wide.

WSM 18.5": http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HCNEVI/tvwb-20

Note that the cover for the WSM catches on the side door handle when putting it on or taking it off and fits a little bit snug, but it still does the trick for me. It's certainly better than the Weber brand cover.

Genesis: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HCNEWM/tvwb-20

I believe the Spirit is a bit smaller than the Genesis. The Medium cover fits up to about 60" wide and is what I have for my Genesis. The Small fits up to 43.5" wide.

WSM 18.5": http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HCNEVI/tvwb-20

Note that the cover for the WSM catches on the side door handle when putting it on or taking it off and fits a little bit snug, but it still does the trick for me. It's certainly better than the Weber brand cover.

Thanks for that. Small sounds too small, so think it'll need to be the medium anyway. Unless the sides fold down on the e310... Dunno. It arrives tomorrow so maybe I'll hold off to take a look!

Thanks for that. Small sounds too small, so think it'll need to be the medium anyway. Unless the sides fold down on the e310... Dunno. It arrives tomorrow so maybe I'll hold off to take a look!

So, thanks for all the advice, I have ordered the Classic Accessories one for the US...

The medium fits just right, a little snug if you ask me. I bought the large when I replaced my medium. It is roomy, but not overly so. I also think my first cover lasted about 5 years. They would last longer if they were darker in color.

Last edited:
The medium fits just right, a little snug if you ask me. I bought the large when I replaced my medium. It is roomy, but not overly so. I also think my first cover lasted about 5 years. They would last longer if they were darker in color.

What difference does the color make to how long it lasts? Just get's dirty? Can you machine wash?

What difference does the color make to how long it lasts? Just get's dirty? Can you machine wash?

I dunno about machine washing and frankly I wouldn't bother. Mine is 3 years old and almost white from fading. It has a couple of cracks but still keeps out the rain/snow/volcanic ash (well maybe not the ash). It looks well used and keeps my *09 Spirit clean and dry. Plus, because it looks "old", no one pays any attention to the "nugget of gold" underneath it. As an aside, I also have the classic veranda cover for my 22.5 OTG.

I dunno about machine washing and frankly I wouldn't bother. Mine is 3 years old and almost white from fading. It has a couple of cracks but still keeps out the rain/snow/volcanic ash (well maybe not the ash). It looks well used and keeps my *09 Spirit clean and dry. Plus, because it looks "old", no one pays any attention to the "nugget of gold" underneath it. As an aside, I also have the classic veranda cover for my 22.5 OTG.

????? have no idea as to how that posted twice? Oh well, I just bumped up my post count.

Last edited:
So my Classic Accessories Medium cover arrived today. For anyone wondering, it's the perfect size for this grill. Unlike what others have suggested, I would say that it's arguably a little on the large size, but certainly not by much - it's actually great.
Thanks for all the advice!

Back