Plugs for vent holes!!!

Mike DiMaggio

TVWBB Member
I just got my bbq guru in the mail and was installing it over the weekend. Instead of using the heat tape they supplied I thought it would look nicer if I used the plugs. After reading several posts I assumed I needed 3/4" plugs so that is what I bought. Needless to say there's no way they are gonna work. Way to big. See pics below. What plug size do I need for my 22.5 with 4 vent holes?

They are stamped 3/4". I even went and bought the 1/2" ones and they don't seem to fit either. Am I doing something wrong? Am I buying the wrong things? Any help will be appreciated.

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I have to ask. Why not just close the vent?

I just installed my bbq guru and it leaves 3 of the 4 holes open when installed. They supply tape to put over holes but I have seen and read about people who use these plugs and it looks neater.

What material is the plug made from? The only ones I could find were nickel, not ss or galvanized. I went with galvanized bolts, nut and 2 washers, one each side of the vent. I'm concerned with the rust and long lasting.

Back