My Veggies were tasteless ...

Marnie Loomis

well - not exactly tasteless - some were just plain horrid! These were smoked at 240 for 2 hours. I applied olive oil and Lemon Pepper before hand. I think they were on for too long and perhaps too hot? Newbie to smoking (this was day 2) so I'm welcome to any and all suggestions.

IMG_2823-Copy_zpse30d7adc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ciao
Marnie

Too long. Generally 30 min or less is what you want. OTOH, you don't have to smoke everything. Variety is always best: smoked meat with spiced/non-smoked veggies make a better flavour-balanced meal.

If you want, pre-cook them and then put them in the wsm for 15 min to get that flavour u wanted.

Last edited:
Like the others said, go shorter with hot heat. After I'm done with the WSM, I'll pull the center section off, place the cooking grate on top of the charcoal ring, and have some direct grilling to finish up. Veggies, searing, crisping chicken skin, etc...

35FD2839-7FC1-46B8-9994-77AF0233BEA5-567-00000035D17B8B98_zps81f61a40.jpg

you might find you like them with some char on them. We do scallopini squash sliced with garlic and olive oil right over direct coals on a kettle, and it smells and tastes terrific.

Hmmm - never thought about pulling off the center section - dropping the grate down and then enjoying some deliciousness ! - thanks very much -

Back