The Virtual Weber Gas Grill is born!

Great idea Chris! The WSM and charcoal grills have always had the center stage and justifiably so, cooking with charcoal is much more fun than using a gasser. Some of us as I have said on many of my posts live in bone dry areas with heavy winds and a gasser is the only safe way to grill, I use my performer and the mini when it's safe to do so.

I look forward to any and all information about Weber gassers as I have three an E320 a Q100 and my 1997 Silver B that I that I bought new and restored a few years ago.

I have also refurbed or restored a few other Silver Bs for resale and that was a dirty job but a lot of fun also. It’s a great way for someone who wants a great gasser but doesn’t want to spend a ton of money for a new one.

Oh my goodness. Now I have TWO favorite websites! I've already registered and plan to enjoy grilling the pork tenderloin steaks in a few days.

Rita

I'm interested in knowing what kind of posts you'd like to see, and if you have projects or restorations or tips you've developed that you'd like to share there, I'm happy to do so.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of posts you'd like to see, and if you have projects or restorations or tips you've developed that you'd like to share there, I'm happy to do so.

I have a Genesis 1000 that I bought in 1997. So far, I've replaced the flavorizer bars two or three times, the cooking grates twice, and most recently the burners and burner assemblies. The box seems to be in good shape, and the cart is doing what carts do. I'd like to see posts regarding how long is too long to repair the grill before it becomes time to replace it, and whether or not the replacement parts work as well as the OEM parts.

I'd like to see a "mod" to the Q series. I hate how the handles and the side tables get dirty from the side vents on the Q. I'd like to see a mod where the BBQ is raised in it's perch so that the smoke exhaust doesn't dump on the handles and tables

Chris I'd like to see more on grilling techniques. The pork tenderloin article is great, but you mentioned searing the meat, and although I've been grilling a long time I still don't fully understand how to get a good sear.
I'd also like to see some articles on how to properly maintain the cast iron grates.
Something about the components of the grill. I'm just getting into the Weber grills, and my 17 year old grill didn't have flavorizer bars, it had the old red rocks in the bottom. How do we do maintenance on our grills, and things we should be doing to make our grills heirlooms that we can give to our kids kids.
But what you've done on your new blog is outstanding. Thanks for taking the time to keep all this going.

I think all aspects restoration, how to's . Some things are done well on a gas grill and that is how a lot of people get their start. I did.
So we should make this a full package site to bring more people and ideas.
My 2 cents.

I think all aspects restoration, how to's . Some things are done well on a gas grill and that is how a lot of people get their start. I did.
So we should make this a full package site to bring more people and ideas.
My 2 cents.
Agree, I could see all of the gasser how-tos, data, posts, etc. eventually moving so that it's all "under one roof" so to speak.

One feature that I would find extremely useful would be a Stickie explaining all the various "generations" of Weber gassers with their pros/cons, etc.
And of course a photo gallery to help with the identification of the various models.

Agree, I could see all of the gasser how-tos, data, posts, etc. eventually moving so that it's all "under one roof" so to speak.

One feature that I would find extremely useful would be a Stickie explaining all the various "generations" of Weber gassers with their pros/cons, etc.
And of course a photo gallery to help with the identification of the various models.

I'm in on that one!

Yeah,nice start! I tend to do more gas grilling during the week,and I try to do charcoal on the weekends. Keep up the good work boss!

If anyone has a great example of a Weber gas grill restoration they'd like to show off, with some good photos, please contact me. I know there are several out there. :)

Chris, just a thought, maybe start a thread or a sticky in the Weber gas grills about TVWGG I think a lot more people will see it there then here.

I. Like this idea the more info on gassers and thev different types of cooks or variations would be great reading .
Seeing and learning more about the different types and series of weber gassers would be excellant.

Back