Smoke Day +++ in North Carolina

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
Have had a great time lookin' at everyone's cookin' the last few days. We were busy cookin' as well, with pretty much something going every day. I'll try to keep it short, but detailed enough for y'all.

Started Friday evening with an 8# butt. Seasoned with Bad Byron's and some brown sugar, cooked L&S over Stubbs Briqs and hickory chunks.

Here we are about 10 hours in on Smoke Day. I pulled about an hour later...my son's friend proclaimed a delicious smell was coming from the kitchen...he got some samples and took a container home to his dad. Most of this was for freezing though. I love having pork ready to go!

Later on Smoke Day a good friend visited and we did some simple burgers and dogs over lump with a small chunk of pecan. These were a hit!

In honor of Memorial Day weekend, we broke out the 1992 redhead...she cooked well!

Sunday we had relatives visit - our normal dinner for 4 became a dinner for 12. Mother in Law brought loads of food and we supplemented with a split chicken and some thighs seasoned with McCormick's Montreal Chicken.

Dear wife found this on Facebook and replicated...a big hit for the weekend.

Monday was a hot one in North Carolina. Our boys enjoyed cold watermelon after working up a sweat in the yard.

We ate leftovers and tried a new wing recipe for kicks. An extra burger was cooked as it had been defrosted. It was eaten. Wings were grilled and then tossed in mixture of EVOO, garlic, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and then topped with parm cheese. I liked. A lot.

So that is the weekend diary...it was a fun weekend. We counted our blessings, gave thanks to our men and women who have sacrificed and broke bread with family and friends. Can't ask for more. Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for looking!

You look like you need a weekend from your weekend after all that cooking. All of it looks first rate.

Wow, looks like you guys ate well and really enjoyed your 3 day weekend!!! Thanks for sharing some of the highlights with us!!!

Back