In Las Vegas

K Kruger

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Not the best pic but 4-hour brisket (in the kettle) over blueberry-nectarine barbecue sauce; Swiss chard-roasted eggplant-ricotta pie; brown tomato and sliced nectarine; smoked Maldon salt:

Brisket and sides on your plate looks absolutely fantastic sir.
Kevin, thanks for everything you have done for Tvwbb.
Your knowledge and willingness to share with us is really admirable.

My pleasure.

It was a tasty meal. Why i didn't take the time for a better pic I have no idea - hungry I guess. But the remaining point and some of the flat are in the pot as I type: chili over smoky mashed potatoes on the menu for later today.

Great to see you post Kevin. I echo Mildo's comments. Your food looks fantastic as always. I've done the High Hot Brisket based on your thread -- it was a huge success.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

No, I haven't forgotten. My life has just lead me down differing paths to varying places in the last rather extended while. It's been good though.

Yes, Monty. Actually precisely 4 hours. 11.63 lbs. I trimmed some of the knob of fat from the spot between point and flat - maybe 8 oz - but otherwise left it untrimmed as usual. Paste of mushroom base mixed with tamarind paste, pomegranate molasses and sriracha. Dry rub over that of black and white pepper, NM chile, sumac, marjoram, thyme, sage, fenugreek, allspice, cumin, clove and a bit of brown sugar.

Sounds like some deep flavor development in that paste and rub Kevin. Too bad we can't get KCBS judges to come around on tastes like that. Food looks good!

I'm a little late to the party - missed your post, Kevin. It's good to see you here again. Your plate looks as if it will jump right out of my monitor - I wish!

And so does that Swiss chard, roasted eggplant, and ricotta pie. We love Swiss chard but I don't do eggplant very often - what a good way to combine them. If you have time, I would love to see a recipe for it, maybe in the Side Dishes forum?

Looking forward to more posts from you,
Rita

Missed this one! And really nice to se you post again...You are an inspiration to us all Kevin. Food gets an 10/10 from me

Back