Two holes under the center of lid?

M Crooks

TVWBB Fan
I just picked up another gas genesis. I only got it because the price was right and it was really close to my house. Right now thinking I am going to clean it up and give it to my parents. What are the two holes under the center of the lid? There is a domed piece that goes in them? I have one the other is missing.

Looks like I need new gas tubes and maybe flavor bars. here are some more pics of the grill

Weird I have the same grill E320 in NG and mine doesn't have them. You might quiz Weber if no one responds.

I have a black EP320 and it doesn't have them. from what I have seen the older colored ones didn't have this shield only the ss ones did. The newer ones all seem to have the shield but I'm not sure what those holes are for..

Those domes are part of the lid liner. If they are missing, it's because the lid liner has corroded.
The liner is not replaceable on its own, you have to replace the lid. The lid has a 25 year warranty, but only for the first *registered* owner.

I think what Dave said is right and I believe the shield was to prevent the SS from discoloring due to heat and wasn’t used on the porcelain colored models.

Last edited:
I wonder if I should try and register it or just buy a lid off Craigslist that had some shipping damage.

Back