Smoke Day/Weekend Banter (chat) Here

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Don't know if this will work out or not, but thought I'd start a thread to just sort of banter back and forth.
Hopefully this will be a central place to kick-back, share your cooks, questions, or whatever.
Some will probably start their smokes tonight, and some live in other time zones.
So if you get lonely, give a shout out here!

I'll be starting a butt in the morning, and grill pork steaks later.
Some sides are still to be determined.

Have a great Smoke Day everyone, no matter which day it occurs!

Well, my free time for Saturday and Sunday has now been filled with chores, errands, and social outings. :mad: But I'll probably kick the weekend off with some simple burgers on the Performer tonight. Maybe I'll get something more itneresting on the grill for Monday.

Family work schedules (everyone except mine) has forced me to move my cooking from Saturday to Sunday this year. I guess it's worth it to have an audience, and to be able to serve the ribs straight off the smoker.

BTW, "Your grilling is so bad that the buzzards won't fly over your house when you're cooking."

Gonna be at the coast for a wedding on the actual smoke day (actually we're there now). Should be excited to be near the beach but I'd rather be at home smoking and grilling. That's the plan for Sunday and Monday, at least. And of course several (i.e. probably too many) beers.

We're usually gone over this weekend, but not this year - With that, our 'Smoke Day' will be a weekend long event comprised of grilling, smoking, beer drinking, yard work and playoff hockey viewing all from the comfort of home. I haven't had a day off in awhile, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Wings on Saturday > Ribs on Sunday > Chickens on Monday. There will be beans involved too.
pbg

Todd:

Outer Banks are great at this time of year - actually, at ALL times of the year - we have relatives in Kill Devil Hills - looking forward to the Bluegrass Festival this coming September!!!!

Regards,

Rooster

Rooster, We're near Wrightsville Beach. Hope to head to the Outer Banks this Fall to do some surf fishing with my son. Have fun at the bluegrass festival.

Family work schedules (everyone except mine) has forced me to move my cooking from Saturday to Sunday this year. I guess it's worth it to have an audience, and to be able to serve the ribs straight off the smoker.

BTW, "Your grilling is so bad that the buzzards won't fly over your house when you're cooking."

Well I picked up 400 pounds of KB at Lowes 1/2 price deal so I'm good to go!
Tomorrow will be a mixed grill Hoffman Dogs, some burgers, and sausages. Sunday will be the big meal...... did I mention I bought my 26.75.....:p oh and did I also mention I bought the Cajon Bandit Rotisserie for it......:cool: (already spun a pork lion on it Amazing) So next thing to Spin in Smoke will be a Turkey on Sunday, and since this thing is sooooo huge I'm guna put a Pineapple on the spit also.
Oh and one more thang...... my sweetie bought me that Lime Green Smokey Joe.... and that brings the Weber Nation up to 10......ummmm a year ago when I joined all you fine upstanding BBQ'ers I just had my Performer...... so yes.... it's all your fault as I said before!
Thanks everyone!:wsm:
Al

Here's the start of my smoke day festivities:

b71b75592394d1bd81aff17091ae858b_zps2a58f00d.jpg

Back