Mayonnaise
Sriracha Sauce
Tabasco Smoke Hot Sauce
Laury's garlic salt
Minced onion
Green onions (scallions)
Apple Juice / Water
Cherry Wood Chunks or Chips

Use Ahi or Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (same fish, different name, blood red in color)

Sprinkle both sides with a little bit of salt (kosher)

If using a Weber Smokey Mountain (WSM):

- One large Weber chimney of coals
- 4-5 fist size chunks of cherry wood (do not soak)
- Smoke 250 degrees for approx 1.5 hours

If using a gas smoker:

- 2-3 handfuls of cherry wood chips (soaked for 1-2 hrs)
- Mix apple juice & water fill 3/4 in water pan
- Smoke at about 250 degrees for approx 1.5 hours

Do not flip tuna.

Remove from smoker when it looks like moisture is almost gone from the top of tuna (moisture should still be visible).

Set one tuna steak to the side (in case you need to add more tuna if following mixture is too much).

Break tuna up with a fork in a bowl. Add two dollops of sour crème and mayonnaise (equal parts each) and mix well. Not too much – you don’t want it runny. Texture should be thick. Then add the following:

Sriracha Sauce - three good turns over tuna while squirting
Tabasco Smoke Hot Sauce
Laury's garlic salt
Minced onion
Green onions (scallions)

(Amounts vary to taste)

Once satisfied, repeat with other Tuna Steak. Makes an excellent dip/spread. I like to use corn chip scoops. Use a butter knife to spread on chip and ENJOY!

P.S. I added a bit more Sriracha and Tabasco for the heat. The sauces will give it a nice dark orange light red color. Tasted best after sitting in refrigerator overnight – added more Sriracha and Tabasco to taste. I use the KA-ME Sriracha Sauce with the turtle vice rooster on it.

Thanks for sharing this. Me and my wife love tuna dip. We have a couple that are pretty good but yours looks excellent. Will be trying it real soon for sure. Again, thanks for sharing.

Back