First BBB Comp

Ivan Stratton

TVWBB Fan
I participated in my first BBQ comp this weekend. It was the Powhatan BBQ Jamboree. It was a backyard event modeled after KCBS. Thanks to this site for all the years of reading and knowledge gained here we got 1st in brisket, 4th in chicken and 4th overall. There were 11 teams total. 2 professional teams that finished 1st and 2nd overall. Between them they won pork, ribs and chicken. It was alot of fun but alot of work. I'm not sure if ill do another one.

Pics

_MG_8594.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
_MG_8580.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats. I also did my first KCBS comp this weekend and got my butt handed to me in 4 out of 6 category's. I'm hooked thou. Your chicken box looks amazing. I'm sure you learned a lot and will take that first next year.

Ivan,
Looking at your turn-in pictures, you had better stay with it ! Your first comp and turning quality such as these is a true testament of your skills as a pitmaster. While there are a couple of minor suggestions that might help, you are well on your way to BBQ Greatness.

I really like the look of your boxes, Ivan; particularly the brisket and pork. All 9s from me, brother.

Back