TVWBB Tailgate @ Oakland Coliseum, A's vs. Orioles

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Friend of TVWBB Aaron Staines suggested a Bay Area Weber tailgating event at the Oakland Coliseum for an A's game. We've settled on Sunday, July 20 when the A's play the Orioles. It's a 1:05pm game, parking lot opens at 10:30am.

We'll set up on the south edge of B Lot on the south side of the Coliseum. Most direct route to B Lot is via Hegenberger Rd exit off of I-880. I'll be flying an orange TVWBB flag to mark the spot.

flag2_zps23a6a317.jpg

It's a family event, and everyone is invited! Bring your spouse and kids, your friends and neighbors, your Weber grill and something to cook, and we'll have a good time! Even if you take BART to the game and don't want to grill, you can still drop-by and mingle with other Weber fans.

Just a few reminders about tailgating rules at the Coliseum.

• No kegs.
  • No glass containers.
  • You can't fasten anything to the ground...no driving stakes into the pavement for a party tent.
  • No dumping ashes on the pavement. They supposedly have metal bins for that.
Mark your calendars for July 20. It's gonna be fun!

P.S. Everyone in attendance gets a free TVWBB Tailgate 2014 pin, while supplies last!

img_2267-1024_zps473a1e45.jpg

Link to Oakland Coliseum Parking Map showing south entrance and B Lot

You can contact me on game day by texting mail@virtualweberbullet.com.

I want to, I just have to figure an angle. My eldest was born during the "bay series" and they've pretty much hated the A's since, lol

Hey Chris,
Yes. That's right. Harry and I will be in attendance. As a die-hard A's fan, born and raised, I will be there in full gear!

Oh wow! Looks like fun. I already have tickets for Saturday, needed a good excuse to go Sunday too! Plus, B Lot? That'll be a new experience for this A Lot tailgater!

So how many people are going into the actual game itself? Are we just all planning on going into the game or having a neutral place to WSM It Up and hang out??

I would say most are planning to go inside and watch the A's destroy the Orioles. :) I've got 10 tickets for my immediate family. Aaron Staines is about to buy tickets for his group. I've got a few friends coming who bought their own tickets.

Given the time constraints, I'm not going to WSM it up...I'm bringing some chopped brisket for sliders and a Jumbo Joe for grilling burgers and dogs. Aaron was talking about bringing some pulled pork he cooked in advance.

Hope to see you there, Kirk!

Looks like we've got 28 confirmed with a few more possible, so looking at maybe 35 folks attending! I'm planning my shopping list... :)

Wanna go. will check with the boss!

Mark

Boss says YEA!!!!
Ordered ticks on Stub Hub/ good prices.
See Ya'll Sunday

Last edited:
Sadly I have to regret, I couldn't convience the family to go and I don't want to leave them high and dry. Hopefully I can make the next GTG, have fun everyone. Go Giants...opps my bad :)

Missed you in Rohnert Park on the 12th, this will make up for it! :)

I still have P'nuts from a Rockies game we attended in Denver 2 weeks ago, They WON, imagine that?
Coming in on Bart, been a while since I was at the Coliseum so ?? take a left off the Bart exit ramp? to south B parking lot?

Mark

I still have P'nuts from a Rockies game we attended in Denver 2 weeks ago, They WON, imagine that?
Coming in on Bart, been a while since I was at the Coliseum so ?? take a left off the Bart exit ramp? to south B parking lot?

Mark
Yes, go down the left ramp coming off the BART pedestrian bridge. That lands you in Lot B. Head to the outside edge of that lot...look for the orange TVWBB flag with black Weber kettle lid flying on a flagpole!

Back