Just got the PartyQ

MBarys

Seems to working as advertised, but I'm having some issues with the temp reading. I'm smoking a fattie right now as a test and the partyq shows 275, my maverick shows 255 and dome shows 250. The partyq and maverick have been off by 20-30 degrees the entire cook so I just tested both of them in boiling water. Both hit 212. They are close to each other on the grate so it shouldn't be that much off right? Am I going crazy?

Thanks
Matt

How long has it been running? Mine usually starts off with a difference, but the temps both settle within 5 - 10 degrees of each other.

I also clip the PartyQ prove directly on the maverick probe to save space. Works well for me at least.

2.5 hrs. Going to try it again with water this time. I was doing it foiled. Shouldn't matter though.

How long has it been running? Mine usually starts off with a difference, but the temps both settle within 5 - 10 degrees of each other.

I also clip the PartyQ prove directly on the maverick probe to save space. Works well for me at least.

Ditto for me what Matt said. Maybe the PartyQ gets some heat off the grate itself since it's clamped to it? I'm still adjusting to it, but I think the tendency for me so far has been to stretch out a cook more and cook a little slower than I was with water or no ATC, especially if I put my probes too close to the wall of the cooker. Of course, you don't want it too close to the meat, either. Right now I'm trying to find a spot about halfway between the meat and the cooker wall that's pretty close to being directly over the edge of the pan.

I cooked on Sunday and tried clipping the thermostat on to my Maverick thermostat like mentioned and it worked great. They were only off a couple degrees from each other.

Back