Magic Bullet Blender

J Solenberg

TVWBB Member
I'd just like to toss in a recommendation for something I've found very useful called the Magic Bullet blender. I think it sells for around $50. It's a small device that used to be advertised on infomercials. My daughter talked me into buying one so she could make smoothies. I expected it to be a piece of junk that would be tossed out within a year but after about 4+ years of use, this thing has really impressed me. It only has one speed - "warp 5" but it has enough horse power to devour just about anything I put in it. I use it to puree onions, garlic, etc. It comes with a half dozen or so containers so it's much easier than a regular blender to use on multiple food items and it's extremely easy to clean.

...And it crushes ice like a champ for iced coffee, smoothies, shakes, etc.

a similar effect can be had with most blenders. try attaching a canning jar onto the blender base. the standard pint jars fit on my blender so I like to scale my dressing and sauces to fit the pint. I works great and make for easy storage of the left overs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
a similar effect can be had with most blenders. try attaching a canning jar onto the blender base. the standard pint jars fit on my blender so I like to scale my dressing and sauces to fit the pint. I works great and make for easy storage of the left overs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Going to try that. We wore out our MB a couple of months ago. Is it just the standard pint jars that work or is it the standard versus wide mouths? I have several standard mouth pint jars around I could use (still need to get a blender.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Going to try that. We wore out our MB a couple of months ago. Is it just the standard pint jars that work or is it the standard versus wide mouths? I have several standard mouth pint jars around I could use (still need to get a blender.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it depends on the brand of blender. at home, I use all three size jars (1/2 pt, pint, wide mouth quart) and the wide mouth fits on my in-laws kitchenaide, and the regs fit on my cuisinart.

you have to be careful with gasket, because the rim of the jar just sits on it. One time when I was doing this, the gasket got sucked into the jar and got chopped up. I've found that gaskets for sink drains are the same size, so I bought a couple in case this happens again, hopefully, just until I find something that is definitely food grade.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
a similar effect can be had with most blenders. try attaching a canning jar onto the blender base. the standard pint jars fit on my blender so I like to scale my dressing and sauces to fit the pint. I works great and make for easy storage of the left overs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent tip! I've got to try this. I've got a Kitchen Aid so I'll try the wide mouth jars.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Excellent tip! I've got to try this. I've got a Kitchen Aid so I'll try the wide mouth jars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I end up using the jars way more than the actual pitcher. I makes it easy to make multiple sauces,you just have to rinse the blade. plus the jars are easier to clean.

I'm not sure which I'd prefer (cuisinart or kitchenaid). I like using the smaller jars, but sometimes it would be nice to make a bigger batch.

IMG_2258.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
How do you get a jar full of liquid on and off the blender?

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been a LONG time since I've used a blender, and I can't tell from the pic above, but my guess is that the blades for the blender fit into the jar. So, you put the blades on top and, while making sure the blades stay on, flip it over and slide it into the blender. The blades, which have a solid back, keep the liquid in the jar.

At least, that's my guess on how it works. If anyone knows different, or can explain it better, feel free to let us know how it really works. Like I said, my explanation was just a guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do you get a jar full of liquid on and off the blender?

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You put the gasket/blade on top of the jar similar to the disk lid of a canning jar. Then screw on the large plastic collar similar to the ring of the canning jar. It all seals so you can invert it. One drawback is stuff tends to settle in the bottom of the jar when filling it, so when you invert it, its all stuck up in the top, away from the blades. Its a decent system for making sauces and dressings, but it needs to be pretty runny to keep from being a PITA. beats washing the glass pitcher after every use when blending up multiple sauces (just rinse blade), and creates easy storage until dinner.

Back