digi Q 2

Jay

TVWBB Super Fan
oh man just got my bbq guru digi Q 2 in and gonna run it with my 18.5 wsm,cant wait to hook it all up and play:cool::cool::cool:

if anyone has any input or suggestions please share

Set it and forget it! Use the minion method with only 15 to 20 lit briquets to get it going to 225° to 275° based on your preference and what your cooking. Place wood chips throughout the coals to get a long smoke out of your fuel.

Set it and forget it! Use the minion method with only 15 to 20 lit briquets to get it going to 225° to 275° based on your preference and what your cooking. Place wood chips throughout the coals to get a long smoke out of your fuel.

John thanks for the pointers,much appreciated,just installed my compression latch on my bandit door and doing the gaskets now,will be smoking tomorrow

bobs on the 18.5 as of 11:30pm,digi q is holding a steady 250,ambient temp is at 39* and its drizzling steady tonight

Last edited:
quick shot of the digi Q and the maverick a little over 5 hours into the cook

Last edited:

maiden voyage on my 18.5 wsm and bbq guru digi Q dx2,this thing is like cruise control

Thanks I think...... I just caved and bought one today. The folks there are great by the way.

Rolf you wont be disappointed with the dx2,very easy to use,keep us posted and pics of the set up,good luck.about to pull the trigger on a party Q for my kettle and get the big 25 cfm blower for my meadow creek ts 120. very good people and their customer service rocks...

Last edited:
i just picked one up too. tried st. louis style ribs and chicken wings on my first cook with it. made the cook a breeze. should have done this a long time ago. no turning back now. going to be a smokin' summer.

We use them in comps and I love them. Set and forget, plus they are great people to deal with. I have used mine on the 14.5, the 18.5, and the 22.5. Works equally well on all. We also used Aubers and the IQ 110 but I prefer the Guru. Good choice you made.

Last edited:
I set mine up to use on my performer as well as my wsm... That way if I want to do a single rack, small pork butt or chuck roast I don't have to fire up my 22 wsm... I'm just waiting for this lousy New England weather to break so I can try it on my performer...
d45a6eab628dc090a6d8d245da2e9fb0.jpg
d48de1f7de87815d90c3e735b6771cbe.jpg

I set mine up to use on my performer as well as my wsm... That way if I want to do a single rack, small pork butt or chuck roast I don't have to fire up my 22 wsm... I'm just waiting for this lousy New England weather to break so I can try it on my performer...
d45a6eab628dc090a6d8d245da2e9fb0.jpg
d48de1f7de87815d90c3e735b6771cbe.jpg

Thats interesting, do you have to drill a hole?Weather really sucks here too.

Yeah, I drilled it... I bought a nice Unibit... After modding my wsm, I am no longer affraid to drill any Weber :) The DigiQ is awesome to have... I actually go to work without any worries now and leave the cooker going... Don't hesitate!

Very cool! I'm planning on giving a work cook a shot on Thursday. I'll put in some beef short ribs while I'm home for lunch (and set it lower than I normally would, probably around 225, so that I'm not worried about them being ready before I get home from work). The new ATC is one of the reasons I'm wanting to start toying with no-foil cooks - so I can use the smoker on work days.

Back