Wifi Stoker Fan Question

Boston Jeff

TVWBB Fan
I have a wsm 22.5 and a wsm 18.5 . I am getting a second 22.5 in a couple weeks . I am also going to get the wifi stoker . My question is this , what size fan would I need for the 18.5 and 22.5 . My computer wont load the whole page at Rocks Bar-B- Q site , so not sure on what fan unit for each cooker . I`m guessing a 10 cfm fan for the 22 , and a 5 cfm fan for the 18 . Also , has anyone here run the stoker on three WSMs at the same time , if so , could you give me some info on how they ran , any problems or not .

Jeff

Jeff,

Correct......18.5" gets the 5cfm and the 22.5" gets the 10cfm. I only have 1 WSM so I can't help you with the second part of your question. Good luck.

Tim

That just seems like a small smoker to need a 10cfm fan. My smoker has a cook chamber of 2' x 2' x 4'tall. I use a 5cfm fan and it's all the fan I need. Even using cherry wood chunks, I still get ash blown into the cook chamber due to very fine ash from that type of wood. But then, I've never cooked on a WSM and each smoker operates differently.

The info I got was off the Rock's BBQ site as far as which fan goes to which smoker. I know I've never had an ash issue with my 18.5" and the 5cfm.

Back