have you been to mike mills bbq restaurant?

jeff davidson

TVWBB Super Fan
Mike,

Ever since reading mike mills peace, love and bbq, I've wanted to get to the 17th st bar and grill. I know its a hike from chicago, but have you been? Worth the drive?

best,
jd

i have not! i think the Vespa needs to be gassed up and kicked over for this adventure.

Can anyone share experiences abou this place?

One thing i can say.. BBQ is a lot like music. There is some that is great, your favorite and take to a desert island. others that are ok, some you have once and that is ok, but you've tried it.

i don't think i've had horrible bbq. maybe some will differ. But everyone's bbq has it's own flavor behind it and people that are working on it really put forth a nice effort and something they believe in. it's all good in my book.

Mike

Mike,

>> But everyone's bbq has it's own flavor behind it and people that are working on it really put forth a nice effort and something they believe in. it's all good in my book.

I guess it depends on your definition of bbq. If bbq, as many restaurants here in ny define it, is oven roasted pork with bbq sauce, I've had some pretty awful bbq. Having said that, there's a new wave of bbq restaurants that "get it".

best,
jd

I'm not talking resturants.. i was referring to "us". but yeah. a few establishments have been stepping up their game as the public is learning.

at resturants, you kinda know what to expect usually...

Mike

Back